December 2010 Moms

Anyone else have this?

I have heartburn so bad that it literally woke me up and made me vomit. Ick!   So not a good way to start my day.  Anyone else have this happen to them?
Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary

Re: Anyone else have this?

• Unfortunately, yes...  Sorry you are dealing with that!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I do get it badly and I gag a lot, but no vomit.  It does suck.  Talk to your doc an see if you can take something like Zantac.  And use 2 pillows when you sleep.  GL!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • imagejenvalet:
    I do get it badly and I gag a lot, but no vomit.  It does suck.  Talk to your doc an see if you can take something like Zantac.  And use 2 pillows when you sleep.  GL!

Yeah, this is me too; luckily I never reached the point of vomiting, but MAN I have had some killer heartburn lately! 

• Yep, I've been having this.  I've never had heartburn before this month, so it really freaked me out at first!  I've tried tums, zantac, prevacid, and a Target brand.  I haven't found relief, but I read that calcium helps neutralize your stomach acid.  I've been drinking milk like crazy (I'm big on it anyways).  Up until last week I still had heartburn, but at least it doesn't burn my throat.  Now LO has dropped, so I'm feeling much better.
  • All the time.  Ain't it great?
  • Yes. It is absolutely brutal. It ususally starts around 1 in the morning and I refer to it as Liquid Hot Magma in my throat. I thought I had heartburn before pregnancy...nope. This stuff is awful.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BFP Oct. 2010-MC & D&C Dec. 2010 BFP March 2011-Cooper born Dec. 6, 2011 weighing 9 lbs 1/2 oz. Suprise BFP May 27th 2012 - Sawyer born Jan. 20, 2013 weighing 8 lbs 9 oz. ?
  • This happened to me once, but with no vomiting.  I had never had heartburn before, so I didn't have any tums.  I ate some yogurt and slept semi sitting up on the couch and it went away pretty quickly.  But, I hear that for some people yogurt makes it worse, so don't count on that little trick to work.

GL

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • I eat tums all day long and during the night!  That and some ice cold water seem to help when it's really bad. Sorry you're having a rough time with it!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • OMG!  Yes, I have had it happen.  I woke up with major heartburn and had to run to the bathroom to throw up.  The funny thing is that it was just acid and not food.  So gross and painful.  I am so sorry you are going through it too.  It happens to me every now and again.  I hope it stops soon (for you and for me - LOL)! 

• Thanks everyone. Smile  Went to the doctor the other morning and she prescribed me Zantac. It has help tremendously!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"