Breastfeeding

Platex bottle users/Breastfeeders: Do medela bags drop-in to the nursers?

Baby wont take my old dr brown bottles.  SHe will take platex nursers.  do the medela bags work with them?  I am thinking about buying the platex milk storage system, but read a comment from someone on amazon saying the bags work with the nursers.

Re: Platex bottle users/Breastfeeders: Do medela bags drop-in to the nursers?

• I pump into a bottle and dump it into the bag made for Dropins.  Medela bags are a lot more expensive than the Dropins so I don't understand why you would use them for that.
  • Yeah I think you are right about the cost.  A comment on amazon lead me to think it was cheaper with the bags.  I use lanisoh bags now.  I think I will just buy the dropins.  thanks for the info!!
  • We tried the Target generic bags.  They work find except the oz marks don't match the bottle.  Our fridge dispenses exact amounts so it's fine, but on vacation is was a pain to try and read the plastic numbers.  If you can find an easy way to measure you can save a lot more money that way too.  (I figured out 6 oz in the bag was the same as the top of the 8 on the bottle.)
  • image squishles10:
    I pump into a bottle and dump it into the bag made for Dropins.  Medela bags are a lot more expensive than the Dropins so I don't understand why you would use them for that.

If you already pump and freeze into the Lansinoh bags it would be convenient to just put the bag into the bottle. You wouldn't have to go out and buy the drop ins.