Michigan Babies
Options

Moms that have gotten the free 3D ultrasounds at LCC

I'm getting mine done on Thursday, how long does it take? What can I expect?

Re: Moms that have gotten the free 3D ultrasounds at LCC

• Options

You are in there for about an hour or so.  You will be in a room with 2 students along with the 2 directors.  There will be you and another expecting mother in the room.  There are two beds in there, so, they can work on two at a time.  You will either go with the students first and they will check the measurements and practice with the 2D ultrasound or you will go over to the other bed for the 3D ultrasound with one of the directors.  Then switch half way inbetween.  I have done it twice and it's not that bad at all. 

If you have anymore questions, just ask!  :-) 

HTH

• Options
    How do you go about setting up a 3D ultrasound at LCC?  I am only 10 weeks so obviously don't want to do it right now but would like to when I get around the 25 week mark.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagenkbbrown08:
    How do you go about setting up a 3D ultrasound at LCC?  I am only 10 weeks so obviously don't want to do it right now but would like to when I get around the 25 week mark.

You can email Denise Drumm at drumm2@lcc.edu to set it up. It took about a month before I heard back, but she sent out a mass email to about 35 people for 11 time slots for the ultrasounds and whoever replies first gets those spots. I am assuming she schedules them once per semester, because the slots ranged from September to December. Mine is Dec. 9th!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Will I get pictures to keep? Will they tell me how big he is? can they double check the sex for me?
  • Options

imageLoriJ1030:
    Will I get pictures to keep? Will they tell me how big he is? can they double check the sex for me?

They will give you one 3D picture to keep and give you a CD that has all the images on it.  They will be able to tell you how big the baby is and yes, they will check the sex of the baby.

HTH!

• Options
    Thank you so much!!  I just emailed her, although she probably isn't even thinking about next semester yet :)
  • Options

I had nearly an impossible time getting in for an ultrasound at LCC. I found out I was expecting in March and contacted her by the first week of April. I was put on a cancellation list and informed I would be called if there were any openings.

I received one of the emails with 11 time slots back in the end of August and replied within 30 minutes only to find all the time slots were filled. I was called and informed of a cancellation of an appointment for the following day and that was the only reason I was able to get in (I was 32 weeks along at the time).

I recommend contacting her right away and following up every month or so. Good luck getting in..

• Options
    Wish I would've know about this in time! Too late now already in my 35th week.
  • Options
    I emailed her and she never emailed me back >:( That was 2 months ago.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    markweismarkweis member
    edited December 2014
    Edited for spam.
  • Options
    markweismarkweis member
    edited December 2014
    Edited for spam.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards