3rd Trimester

work and my boss

ok so this is just to get some reaction from the rest of the preggos out there...

I feel really crazy because I've been having issues with my boss at work.   I'm about 36 weeks pregnant and I had an episode yesterday in front of a few people, including the receptionist and some other teachers.

I am a teacher, working on my standard cert- I should be done in February but the school principal keeps doing everything wrong.  

He was supposed to fill a form in and send it to the Dept of Ed and yesterday, after I specifically asked him to do it in blue ink he did it in black ink.  Now, I have to wait for them to send a new form, for me to fill out part of it, for the mentor teacher to fill out the other part, and for him to fill out the last part, but I don't have that time because I'm going on leave soon.  To make a long story short, this is like the 40th time he messed something up, so I blew up and started crying and left work early in front of a bunch of my coworkers yesterday.   And to make it even worse, a couple of weeks ago, I was on the phone with my doctor's office and the receptionist was really getting on my nerves, so I blew up on her, hung up, and started crying.  People at work think I'm pretty crazy.

Just wanted to vent, ladies.  Thanks for reading

Re: work and my boss

• Wait, you are a teacher and you "left work early" because you got upset?!  Not sure how that would work.  I would expect to be fired if I did that!  You are acting crazy especially for someone who expects to spend the rest of their life working with emotional, unreasonable children (as all children are from time to time)  As a teacher one of the major things you have to do is roll with the punches and let things slide off of you.  You are going to get people doing stuff like that times 90 (other teachers, students and parents!)  While frustrating, emotional control is #1 while teaching.
    VOTE on my Name Listimage
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I'm not a teacher, but I definitely understand how frustrating the bureaucracy can be. My DH is a high school teacher and every little thing - like making sure the school handled our insurance transition properly - took weeks and weeks when it could have been resolved in minutes. When I found out I didn't have prescription drug coverage because his school screwed up - and I have GD - I just totally lost it.

Hang in there, you're almost there!

• image rider5344:
    Wait, you are a teacher and you "left work early" because you got upset?!  Not sure how that would work.  I would expect to be fired if I did that!  You are acting crazy especially for someone who expects to spend the rest of their life working with emotional, unreasonable children (as all children are from time to time)  As a teacher one of the major things you have to do is roll with the punches and let things slide off of you.  You are going to get people doing stuff like that times 90 (other teachers, students and parents!)  While frustrating, emotional control is #1 while teaching.

Wow, that was a little harsh!  Yes, I did leave work early, but it was also last period prep for me--which means I wasn't teaching for the rest of the day-- PLUS I'm there later than I told them way back in August because they are still looking for a substitute for me.  I do deal with lots of issues--and have been dealing with them for quite some time--but it's kind of frustrating to have to repeat everything just because of a peice of paper filled in wrong.  But thanks for calling me crazy! :)

• thanks for the vote of confidence!

I really am having a very hard time coping with my emotions these days...

It's not like I'm always like this, nor was I like this in my last pregnancy.  I'm not sure why it's happening this time around...

oh well hopefully it will be over soon

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards