Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Re: Similac vs Enfamil

• They say they're the same, but I had no issues using Enfamil with dd#1.  I am using similac now with dd#2 and having all sorts of issues.  Who knows??
  • image wife1014:
    They say they're the same, but I had no issues using Enfamil with dd#1.? I am using similac now with dd#2 and having all sorts of issues.? Who knows??

Wife - Was there any reason for the switch in brands from DD1 to DD2??

• i prefer enfamil over similac anyday. My son started off on enfamil in the hospital and had to change due to wic and my sin had severe gas issues which caused him to constantly whine and grunt afte every feeding and now that he's on enfamil things are a whole lot better
  • and another thing if gave him diarrhea so that was also another reason for me to change his formula, so there's a big difference in my eyes
  • Diarrhea with Similac - none with Enfamil.

I do have to mention that despite the ingredients being identical, our LO gets diarrhea with ALL powdered formulas. We have to keep him on RTF, which is such a waste of money and containers.

Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage
  • This is probably really weird, but Similac tastes better.  Yes I tasted it.  Our baby was started on Similac and she didn't seem to like the Enfamil and I tasted it and I knew why.  It's really is aweful.  I didn't mind the Similac so much.
  • image reneepruitt:
    This is probably really weird, but Similac tastes better.  Yes I tasted it.  Our baby was started on Similac and she didn't seem to like the Enfamil and I tasted it and I knew why.  It's really is aweful.  I didn't mind the Similac so much.

So funny, I tasted both of those too! I agree, Similac tastes better. I wish it agreed with LO's tummy. He likes the stuff that looks like chocolate milk :/

Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage