Babies: 9 - 12 Months

A non-clicky poll

DS's birthday is on Christmas Eve, and I want to do his party the weekend before that, so more people can come, but a few people in our circle think that's just crazy, and that we should have it on his real birthday. My question to you is:

If you were invited to a child's first birthday party on Christmas Eve in the afternoon, would you go?

Re: A non-clicky poll

• Nooo. I would definitely do it the week before.
  • no i would not go.
  • Loading the player...
  • Nope, I think you should do it the weekend before.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • week before for certain, unless it's just immediate family who would come anyway.
  • Do it the week before. Even if people don't have definite plans I'm sure there will be cooking and wrapping to be done for the next day.

We celebrate Christmas with my husband's family on Christmas Eve and my family Christmas day - you might run in to some of that as well.

• Honestly, it would depend on who's kid it was. Family, yes I would go. One of my bff's kids (if they ever have any lol) then yes I would go. But just a regular friend, probably not.
  • The week before, for pp's reasons as well as I would want to make sure there was some seperation for lo. I wouldn't want lo's birthday just rolled into christmas festivities. I find it strange that you have friends/family who think it odd.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • No, I wouldn't go to a child's 1st birthday party over my family events.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • NO
    click the pic (blog)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • i wouldn't go. i'd be doing family x-mas stuff on that day.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket
  • We probably would not go unless it was family or a very close friend. 

DD's birthday is on the 19th and we are having her birthday party on the 11th to avoid guests' travel and long standing holiday commitments.  We figure that we can make her actual birthday special by celebrating as a family at Disney World.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • no way, weekend before..  why would they think that's crazy??

Aiden is 3 days after xmas and we won't be having his big party until Jan 9th!

• imageecoppins:
    The week before, for pp's reasons as well as I would want to make sure there was some seperation for lo. I wouldn't want lo's birthday just rolled into christmas festivities. I find it strange that you have friends/family who think it odd.

I do too! I want separation, and I want other kids to come! We don't know a ton of other kids, either, so I want it to be easy for the kids' parents that we do know.

I've suggested doing his party the week before, then doing a family and close friends get together on his actual birthday, but I'm getting met with stubborn people who don't want to do it that way.

• imageAFWife1229:
    Honestly, it would depend on who's kid it was. Family, yes I would go. One of my bff's kids (if they ever have any lol) then yes I would go. But just a regular friend, probably not.

This exactly. And I would still think it would be weird to have the party on Christmas Eve.

My birthday is 2 days after Christmas and as a kid I always had parties after the 1st just to keep it "separate" from all the holiday stuff.

• Probably not unless we were really close.
  • No, We would have 2 Christmas's to go to on Christms Eve....

I would def do the wkend before!

• No.  I wouldn't go.  Definitely need to do it earlier.

• No I would do it the week before for sure.  Its nice to be able to do a party on the actual 1st birthday but more often than not its just not possible. 

If you only have immediate family coming that you would have plans with on Christmas Eve anyway I would not do it then.

• I wouldn't go.

we have a lot of family to try and see within a short period of time. My parents are divorced and re-married so every year I visit my dad and step mother on xmas eve, and we see my mom & SD and my IL's on xmas day..

family trumps everything else.. I'd def go with the weekend before.  

Me: 37
    DH: 36
    Married: 08-25-07
    DS: 11-20-09

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Name change alert: Formerly Lisswastaken

• Nope, I wouldn't go.
    Anneliese Olive 11/5/09
    Hazel Dianna 1/8/11
    Luna Valentine 4/25/13

• Nope- DD's birthday is on Xmas eve as well- we are doing her party on December 11th.

Xmas eve is way to hectic- a lot of people have large family dinners, or go to church- and some have to work.

Our Journey from two to three! 3 IUI's, 2 IVF's, decided to move to foster/adopt. 12/24/2009 Baby C born, 2/1/2010 placed with us, 5/17/2011 Adoption final- we are finally a forever family! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • No.  If I'm not OOT on Christmas Eve, it's because I'm working.  I wouldn't make it.  Plus, it's on a Friday.  Some people might work.
  • Nope, to us, Christmas Eve is all about family. I would definitely go for the weekend before.
  • Nope we have a family gathering every year on Christmas Eve.
  • DH's family celebrates Christmas on the 24th every year, so no, I would not go.  Lots of familys celebrate both days for each side of the family.  Do it the weekend before.  We actually are doing our party a week late since my parents will be out of the country on DS's actual birthday.
  • Nope, sorry. Christmas Eve is a family-only day.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"