2nd Trimester
Options

anyone here get pregnant with luteal phase defect??

Hello,

I am posting on all boards hoping to get some positive responses to ease my shattered nerves.

Have any of you been treated for luteal phase defect and succeeded in getting pregnant......What were the treatments if any and how long did it take to be successful?

Thank you SO much for any and all info!!

Re: anyone here get pregnant with luteal phase defect??

• Options
    Before ever trying to get pregnant my doctor diagnosed me with LPD.  I was written a prescription for Clomid.  Little did I know, I was already pregnant--it only took having birth control-free sex one time.  My luteal phase was always around 8-9 days.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Ask on PAIF or SAIF, they will have some answers for you.  GL
    dx PCOS on Metformin
    LO#1 - 19 cycles, 3 IUIs, 1 m/c, gonal-f, ganirelix, ovidrel, progesterone
    Totally worth the wait!
    Getting ready for #2
    Back on Met, PCOS diet, prepping for treatments 1/12

Good luck to the wonderful ladies of 3T
    Always cheering on my girls Gymnst1013 & MrsJohns
    My Chart / Info for Newbies
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I was not "diagnosed" with LPD, but according to my charts, my LP was consistently 9 days.  But I still got pregnant the second month TTC. 

Good luck! 

• Options

Mine was seven days for months after my second loss. I took B6, Vitex and used progesterone cream the day after O until AF. I did that for two months.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

My LP is/was 7-14 days and I am PG after Clomid, but we did Clomid, triggered with Ovidrel, did IUI, and then I took progesterone.

Luteal phase defect is now seen generally as an indication of another problem, not just the problem itself--if that makes sense. I don't know that many drs up on luteal phase issues even diagnose LPD any more. In other words, the underlying cause of the short LP is what needs to be treated (short LP= 8 days or less with 9 days having different opinions, not 11 days or less as older sources--like TCOYF--say). 

After the obligatory 1 year of TTC (no dr would listen about my charts until that point and I tried talking to 3 drs) and a loss on cycle 11, I found a GYN who did refer me for testing. CD3 bloodwork showed borderline FSH and E2 numbers indicating a diminished ovarian reserve (DOR). We progressed onto an RE with that info. U/S during my first medicated cycle showed low AFC, also indicating DOR.

ETA- I tried B6, B-Complex, and RRL with no impact.

• Options
    I had two early m/c before I realized it was a problem. I took B6, and once I found out I was pregnant (I was an early tester) they put me on progesterone suppositories immediately, and I was on them the entire first trimester. It worked for my first pregnancy, and this one, too.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I had a 10 day lp when I got pregnant with my first son, but after my loss in March, my lp was only 7 days.  I was so upset about it. 

I went to weekly acupuncture, took B6 and Vitex.  However, the month I got pregnant, I had stopped taking the B6 and Vitex and had done the Standard Process 21 day food based cleanse - no dairy, no wheat, no sugar, etc and it ended up working.  I actually didn't track that cycle but I imagine it was a 9 or 10 day lp.  

My sister also had a short lp - 7 days and she was on Clomid and progesterone supplements to help lengthen it.  

image Ethan 12.31.07 Lillian 4.1.11
  • Options
    Thanks for all the replies.    I will talk with my Dr. and discuss my options after the blood work.      I appreciate all the answers.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"