Babies: 3 - 6 Months

NEW "you know you are tired when" post....

You know you are tired when you fall asleep sitting straight up on the couch while folding laundry, at 7:30 at night.

AND...don't wake up again until 9:00!

Re: NEW "you know you are tired when" post....

• ...run a complete load of laundry (with an extra rinse) and forgot to put the clothing in at the beginning. 

• You know you are tired when your husband accidentally tries to put a pacifier in your mouth instead of the baby you're holding...and you just take it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imagedarlingcoley:
    You know you are tired when your husband accidentally tries to put a pacifier in your mouth instead of the baby you're holding...and you just take it.

HAHAHA This is hilarious!

• Put the bottle in a cup of coffee instead of the hot water next to the coffee. 
  • ...you have to run errands and spend 45 minutes getting yourself and LO all ready to go, walk down the 4 flights of stairs in your apartment building and THEN realize you're not wearing shoes.
    Batman likes to watch cartoons on the weekends. Whatever.

"I'll gladly take cold sores over eye herpes" -ElieFin
    "Unicorn glitter gives me UTIs." -Leila'sMommy
  • You start the microwave with nothing in it for 9 minutes.  A considerably expensive mistake...
  • Make coffe but forget to put the pot underneath....
  • imageNellieBelle143:
    You start the microwave with nothing in it for 9 minutes.  A considerably expensive mistake...

Ooh what happened? Does that ruin a microwave?

Batman likes to watch cartoons on the weekends. Whatever.

"I'll gladly take cold sores over eye herpes" -ElieFin
    "Unicorn glitter gives me UTIs." -Leila'sMommy
  • imagedarlingcoley:
    You know you are tired when your husband accidentally tries to put a pacifier in your mouth instead of the baby you're holding...and you just take it.

Thanks for the laugh today, haha. Hilarious!

• pump without attaching the bottles to the flanges. 

(happened to a good friend of mine...she realized her mistake when her milk started dripping in her lap!)

• you know youre tired when you wake up holding a pillow carefully in your arms and put it on the changig table and begin taking the cover off of it, and realizing once you've grabbed the diaper that it wont fit, and looking down to see a pillow, not a baby.
  • You get in your car and start narrating your day in your sing-song mommy voice.  "How was your day babies?  Mommy had a great day at work today..."

Then you realize you haven't picked them up from daycare yet and you're talking to yourself in an empty car.

• imagemomtwins19:
    you know youre tired when you wake up holding a pillow carefully in your arms and put it on the changig table and begin taking the cover off of it, and realizing once you've grabbed the diaper that it wont fit, and looking down to see a pillow, not a baby.

Haha! These are hilarious

• You open the back hatch to your car when arriving somewhere and stare at the dog crates and wonder where your baby is........then remember she rides in a baby seat in the backseat, not in a dog crate lol.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Eli 6 monthsElsie 2 years
  • imagecarlylaura:
    Make coffe but forget to put the pot underneath....

I have done this more than once!  You know you are tired when you start folding laundry from the basket, only to realize that half way through...it is the dirty load :/ 

• Gotten in the shower fully clothed. And only realized why it felt weird after I had shampoo in my hair.
  • Gotten in the shower fully clothed (pajamas). And only realized why it felt weird after I had shampoo in my hair.
  • imageBeebee09:

...run a complete load of laundry (with an extra rinse) and forgot to put the clothing in at the beginning. 

I did the opposite. I put the clothes in the washer, but forgot to put in the detergent or turn it on.

DD {6.13.10} & DS {5.19.12}
  • imagerocket2japan:

imagemomtwins19:
    you know youre tired when you wake up holding a pillow carefully in your arms and put it on the changig table and begin taking the cover off of it, and realizing once you've grabbed the diaper that it wont fit, and looking down to see a pillow, not a baby.

Haha! These are hilarious

i've done it more than once. my husband wakes up holding our comforter in his arms thinking its the baby. hes also grabbed the wrong baby i ask for our DS  and hell grab our DD when ones in blue and the othets in pink, and are always in the same place in the crib.

• imagejknut03:

imagecarlylaura:
    Make coffe but forget to put the pot underneath....

I have done this more than once!  You know you are tired when you start folding laundry from the basket, only to realize that half way through...it is the dirty load :/ 

i've done that more than once. i've also put the load of clean clothes back in the dirty clothes not thinking.

• imageAMossy:
    Put the bottle in a cup of coffee instead of the hot water next to the coffee. 

I do this all the time, you'd think I'd learn!

• you run the coffee pot, with no coffee in it.
  • You know your tired when you cant find the box of cereal and realize you put it in the fridge next to the milk the day before.
  • You know your tired when your at work pressing the copy button on the machine for the 37th time only to realize its not on. Hmmmph.

• Before LO was STTN I would wake up in the middle of the night with a pillow in my arms.  I would FREAK out because I thought it was the baby and that we had fallen asleep with him in the bed with us! My poor husband! He had no idea what was going on!!
  • When you are refilling the Brita pitcher and walk away from the sink...come back 5 mins. later and the water is still running. I've done this probably 10+ times.

ETA: These are all hilarious! I think this needs to be a regular post.

• A couple days ago I made DS#1 something for lunch in the microwave and left it there.  I forgot about it and made him something in the oven.  I didn't realize for over an hour. Indifferent
    Adrian 7.6.07 - ADHD, Disruptive Behavior Disorder, Learning Disability-NOS
    Cam 6.6.10 - Autism, Global Developmental Delay, Mixed Receptive/Expressive Communication Disorder
  • Pour formula in the 2 year old's sippy cup, and skim milk in the 3.5 month old's bottle 

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • ROFL these are awesome!!!

When you are out of town and room sharing with LO who listens to white noise and you sleepwalk over to the ipod dock and "diffuse a bomb" aka take the ipod off the dock and realize the next morning there was no bomb....

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • you set the microwave to 5 minutes every time you microwave anything (the bottle sterilizer needs 5 minutes), therefore ruining your 1 minute breakfast every day
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • you call to verify DS2 doctor apt date and time, only when you call you think you are calling about DS1 and give his birthday.  You are surprised to find out no apt was made and then a min later realize that you had actually intended to find out about DS2 apt....

• you pour iced tea in your cereal instead of milk
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers You want me to eat this food... no thanks, i have my paci.
  • you fall asleep while pumping and don't wake up until your nips start chaffing and feel like they're on fire.
  • imagePubStar09:
    ...you have to run errands and spend 45 minutes getting yourself and LO all ready to go, walk down the 4 flights of stairs in your apartment building and THEN realize you're not wearing shoes.
    I totally drove ALL the way to Walmart and got out in the parking lot before I realized I for got shoes.  Felt like a total dumba$$! 
  • imagePubStar09:
    ...you have to run errands and spend 45 minutes getting yourself and LO all ready to go, walk down the 4 flights of stairs in your apartment building and THEN realize you're not wearing shoes.
    I totally drove ALL the way to Walmart and got out in the parking lot before I realized I forgot shoes.  Felt like a total dumba$$! 
  • imagePubStar09:
    I totally drove ALL the way to Walmart and got out in the parking lot before I realized I forgot shoes.  Felt like a total dumba$$! 
  • imageluna49:

pump without attaching the bottles to the flanges. 

(happened to a good friend of mine...she realized her mistake when her milk started dripping in her lap!)

I did this! lol 

• you reach for your son's bottle and drink from it instead of your drink...and it takes you a few seconds to realize what is wrong about the situation lol
  • imageankledolphin:
    you pour iced tea in your cereal instead of milk
    LOL! I did this with coffee!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"