February 2011 Moms

Is anyone else having Braxton Hicks?

This is my second pregancy and did not sleep well last night, as I could not get comfortable. Low and behold....today my Braxton Hicks started. Is anyone else dealing with these yet?? Thanks!
Sarah
DH: Matt
DS: Nicholas
EDD: 2/25/11 (my second, Matt's first)

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Is anyone else having Braxton Hicks?

• I thought I was a few weeks ago.  However, I now believe that what I thought were Braxton Hicks were really just the baby moving.  It wasn't kicks, but almost like he was rolling onto one side and I'd feel a lump.  It was down low, so I thought it was BH, but still don't know for sure. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I have no idea, thanks for reminding me of another thing to ask my midwife tomorrow =)

Lately my stomach has been getting really tight, it's so uncomfortable. And last night I was laying on my right side and I got this intense side ache pain. It was so bad, I could hardly move! It faded, but lasted all night. I'm not sure if it's just stretching or what, but I'm definitely bringing that up too.

• Yet???  I've been having them since 18 weeks!  They were really, really bad for about 3 weeks, but they've actually gotten better in the time since.  I'm not having nearly as many nor any painfulish ones anymore.
  • I have been having contraction since about 18 weeks. They almost take my breath away at times. I had these with my 3rd child and my labor and delivery was quick and easy. No medicine or IV.. I am hoping this one will be just as easy...
  • I don't think I'll know when I have them when I'm having them!  I have no idea what it is supposed to feel like.
    Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Yup, I started with them around 18 weeks also. They aren't very painful for me, but you feel your uterus get really hard under your belly. I seem to be getting them every hour or two, but they only last for a minute or so. I'm hoping that this will help woth labor like PP said, it's your body preparing.
    image.
  • Thanks for the responses ladies! I have been experiencing them all day and they are painful. I have been crampy lately and just thought it was that but today I finally realized that it was! lol

I hope you all are finding comforting ways to deal with them! :)

Sarah
    DH: Matt
    DS: Nicholas
    EDD: 2/25/11 (my second, Matt's first)

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I've been having BHC's since about 18wks too. Since this is my 3rd pregnancy, they feel like a swift kick in the lower belly! UGH they actually hurt. I remember with my first, they were so light and nice, I had to learn to notice them. With my daughter, they were just a little bit more but not painful. Now... EEEK!!!
    CafeMom Tickers
    imageimage
  • Yes. They aren't painful yet, and tend to happen when I am dehydrated or exerting myself physically.
  • Everyday since about 16 weeks. Party!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have been having them since about 20 weeks, they aren't to painful for me. I usually only have a few everyday. Some days none at all! I seem to get the more painful ones at night time. This is my first baby, so I am hoping all this prepping does my uterus good and makes for a quick labor!
    Happy mommy to a sweet baby boy! CafeMom Tickers
  • Ya I have been having them for several weeks now too.   I notice them alot at night.... they will wake me up from my sleep (very annoying) but I had them from about 28 wks with DD and I didnt realize thats what they were until I explained a strange feeling to the doc at 38 wks. haha

But since I know this time around what it is... I noticed them way earlier.

image image

MMC 3/18/10: 7wks 2d
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Surprise!! Here comes #3
    pregnancy week by week
  • I have been getting them since week 21. I get them about once a week and they last between an hour or 2. I don't remember them much at all with my first 2. Sometimes they are very uncomfortable, not a bad pain though.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards