2nd Trimester
Options

XP: Am I being an irrational b!tch (NBR)

My crazy SIL who up until 2 months ago had absolutely no interest in ever getting married or having kids, is now engaged and ttc to a guy who was engaged to someone else 4 months ago.My issue is, she is having her wedding in hawaii on Christmas day and bought the SAME dress I wore to my wedding in March 2010. She just texted me a picture with a side note that she has to get a bigger size because of her huge fake boobs, but is having it taken in over 5 inches because she is so thin (her words, not mine). SIL is extremely selfish and I knew she would probably try something like this, but to wear the exact same dress as me in the same year just rubs me the wrong way. Am I being a pregnant irrational biatch? 

Re: XP: Am I being an irrational b!tch (NBR)

• Options

does she realize it is the same dress?

she sounds like a real piece of work...figuratively and apparently literally! heheh

• Options

No, I'd be pissed too, but I'd also try to ignore her. She's getting exactly what she wants if you react in ANY way.

Too bad she's getting married on Christmas day. That means when she gets divorced (as crazy biatches always DO), she will forever hate Christmas.

Good luck, and I hope you are able to push her out of your mind! :) 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageelfgirl11:

she sounds like a real piece of work...figuratively and apparently literally! heheh

Yes, she sent me a picture explaining that since my dress was a size 12 she had to get a size 16 because her boobs were too big, but had to have it taken in over 5 inches because her waist was too small. The first text I got was just a picture of her in the dress and a caption that said "look familiar?" 

• Options
    Wow she sounds like a major cvnt
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    imagemidnight*sun:
    imageelfgirl11:

Yes, she sent me a picture explaining that since my dress was a size 12 she had to get a size 16 because her boobs were too big, but had to have it taken in over 5 inches because her waist was too small. The first text I got was just a picture of her in the dress and a caption that said "look familiar?" 

Wow, I would be livid! 

Photobucket
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Natural mc @ 8 wks in Nov. '07, dd born 4/23/11, natural mc @ 6 wks in April '12, bfp 6/11/12...praying for a sticky baby!
  • Options

To be fair, your dress IS beautiful.

But yeah, total jerk move.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Wow...just...wow. What a beezy!
    imageimage

EDD 1/31/13, MC May 17. EDD 3/31/13, MC July 26. I miss you so much already my angel loves

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Biotchy, but no one will probably recognize the dress. If she tells people the dress is the same as yours, she will look stupid not you.
  • Options

I hope that she was joking when she sent you the picture, I really do. I cannot imagine what bride would want to share the same dress with another family member.

The good news is everyone is going to know that she copied your dress. You had it first, and she just looks lame for wearing the same one.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFruit Ticker

• Options

You have every right. I would definately be upset. As bad as it sounds I think she might be trying to get a reaction out of you. She is the irrational one.

• Options

imagePinkBackPack:
    Biotchy, but no one will probably recognize the dress. If she tells people the dress is the same as yours, she will look stupid not you.

this!  she's the one that will look crazy-cakes in the end.  honestly, i think i would find it all pretty amusing because she's working on letting her true colors known!

DS - June 2009
    DD - February 2011
  • Options
    Wow what a dbag. >_<
    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
    By lilenatalem at 2012-01-28 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagePinkBackPack:

Totally agree...

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagemandaree:

I hope that she was joking when she sent you the picture, I really do. I cannot imagine what bride would want to share the same dress with another family member.

The good news is everyone is going to know that she copied your dress. You had it first, and she just looks lame for wearing the same one.

This exactly. She's just going to look like a big tool. And you know what they say, being copied is the biggest form of flattery! Oh, and just for the record, I would be pissed too if a family member wore the exact same wedding dress as me in such a short period of time, but it IS a free country and you don't own that style dress. Keep your thoughts to yourself and The Bump and you'll come out the much more classy and mature one:).

252855_10150214241312114_262494087113_7012916_3895481_n-2Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker Siggy check.
  • Options
    At least you wore your dress first!
  • Options
    Sounds like she is the irrational one! Don't worry her wedding won't be half as good as yours especially doing it on Christmas family time.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"