Babies: 3 - 6 Months

At 5 months old...is your crib bumper in or out?

I can't decide and keep going back and forth...is your crib bumper in or out?

Re: At 5 months old...is your crib bumper in or out?

• Dd is 5 1/2 mo and I just put hers back in about a week ago. I really went back and forth about it but asked all my irl friends about it and they ALL put their bumpers in their kid's cribs. So that made me a little less paranoid.
    imageimageimage
  • breathable in.

aidan kincaid (12.19.06) sawyer grace (7.30.08) 
    reese madeline (5.11.10) miller paige (2.6.12)
    girl #5 due december 2013.

13 galveston1

IG: punkfictionv4

• Loading the player...
  • My DD is younger than your LO, but I have breathable ones in right now and dont think I'll change this till she's about 1. I'm too paranoid. 
  • Breathable ones for us too. I thought about it too, but I just can't do it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket
  • What do you mean can't do it? Is it dangerous to not have a bumper? 
  • imagejohn316a:
    What do you mean can't do it? Is it dangerous to not have a bumper? 
    Pp are worried about the increased risk of SIDS with a regular bumper in the crib. The breathable ones are of no risk.
    imageimageimage
  • We're not at 5 months yet, but as soon as Liam started moving around more we put the breathable bumper in.

If it weren't in there he would bump his head into the sides quite often. 

Liam 07/08/10 -- TTC #2 -- my cloth vlog -- & daily cloth diaper deals Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • we have a breathable one in right now. I will change over to the one that matches her bedding when she is capable of rolling around at will and actually thinking about it, will probably wait until she's no longer in a sleep sack because if she rolled one way, it would be difficult to roll back.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Breathable Bumper
    imageimageLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers image BFP on 07/18/08. Miscarriage 07/30/08. BFP 3/25/09. Confirmed second miscarriage, no heartbeat, no growth beyond 7 weeks, 5/19/09. TTC again, on baby aspirin, due to value of 23 on Anticardiolipin Antibodies. BFP 11/15/09. Brown spotting, Beta 3735 11/25/09, Beta 5602 11/28/09. Anticardiolipin Antibodies now negative, still on baby asprin. On 100 mg of Prometrium (progesterone) until 10 weeks. Good heartbeat at 1st appt. 12/16/09. Started taking fish oil. Perigestational hemorrhage and red bleeding 12/17/09. 2nd Ultrasound-8 weeks, still a heartbeat 12/17/09. Baby measured 9 weeks, still a heartbeat 12/23/09. Good NT Scan on 1/8/10, heartbeat 164. EDD 7/28/10. TEAM BLUE! Aidan Thomas born on May 26, 2010. Baby #2, BFP 11/27/11, EDD 6/5/12. TEAM PINK! Noelle Elizabeth born 4/30/12. Blessing from God, Blessing from God, Blessing from God, Blessing from God.
  • In...it's always been in the crib.  Once he's standing, I may take it out depending on if he's a climber or not.
  • Never had one to begin with...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • don't have one.  the warnings make me paranoid.

DD1 born 5/24/10.

Missed M/C at 14 wks Feb 2012.

DD2 born 5/14/13.

Missed M/C at 9 wks July 2015.

Expecting someone new 4/17/17.
  • In.  It has been since day 1.
  • Here's a happy medium between padded bumpers and breathable bumpers that you might be interested in: https://www.mom4life.com/catalog.php?item=1347.  Hope it helps!  Wish we could afford them :o( We don't have any padded bumpers in at all cuz its too risky IMO but sometimes DD little feet stick out of crib slats so we'll be doing the breathable bumpers.
  • DD is rolling around at will now and was regularly hitting her head hard, so we're using the regular padded bumpers.  I don't worry too much now since she has become so mobile and can push herself away from the sides.
  • We have a breathable one. Keegan is all over the place in the crib and woke up a few times before I put it in with his leg or arm stuck. We have a regular bumper but I was too worried to put it in.
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"