1st Trimester
Options

Abdominal cramps

I have been having abdominal cramps, similar to after you do a lot of crunches. Is anyone else experiencing this? I've heard your ribs shift slightly, could this be it? TIA!

Re: Abdominal cramps

• Options

Your ribs won't really start changing until the baby starts pushing all your organs up into the ribcage.  For now, the baby is so small and down near your pubic bone.  The fundus (the top of the uterus) won't reach above your pubic bone until around 8w, and will reach your belly button around 20w

Here's a chart:  https://library.med.utah.edu/kw/human_reprod/mml/hrmaternal_L06.html 

CafeMom Tickers
    CafeMom Tickers
  • Options
    I've had abdominal cramping off and on throughout the 10 weeks so far. It's worrisome at times but then I just remember it's the little one making more room Big Smile I'm not sure how much rib shifting is going on that early but I'm no expert. My abdominal cramping has felt like soreness and at times like cramping after running a mile.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

some cramping is normal.

I tease my husband that I need to go on bedrest. Because when I am up walking for a while I cramp alot more than when Im sitting or laying down with my feet up. :-)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"