3rd Trimester

Finish this sentence: Something DH doesn't know about me is...

It doesn't have to be scandalous--and I bet our DH's have a few for us, too!

Something DH doesn't know about me is: I rarely listen when he starts talking sports. And I want to press the "eject" button every time his road rage starts up. But with how I act, you'd think I was 1) fascinated with sports and 2) I totally agree with his ridiculous reasoning for getting upset at someone for going only 5 over the speed limit.

I'm a coward, I know, but it keeps the peace! Stick out tongue

Re: Finish this sentence: Something DH doesn't know about me is...

• I absolutely HATE hearing him talk about work. I know how much it upsets him, and I just hate hearing him recount the day's events. I feel so bad.

• Sometimes after he's been playing Halo Reach for 3+ hours, I screw up the house network (of which he doesnt understand a thing) so he'll wrap it up.
  • image designermusings:
    Sometimes after he's been playing Halo Reach for 3+ hours, I screw up the house network (of which he doesnt understand a thing) so he'll wrap it up.

Amazing!! 

• that I give him the secret side eye when he starts going off on one of his Ralph Kramden money making schemes.  I know I'm supposed to be supportive, but sometimes they are a bit much.  I just nod and say "yeah that sounds great."

The day he starts to act on one, I'll have to intervene but so far none have made it past the thinking process.

• image Lindseykaz:

image designermusings:
    Sometimes after he's been playing Halo Reach for 3+ hours, I screw up the house network (of which he doesnt understand a thing) so he'll wrap it up.

Amazing!! 

lol!!!

• image designermusings:

I NEED to learn how to do this! My DH plays Modern Warfare (idk which one) FOR HOURS on end!!!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm due in 3 weeks and pretty much the whole time I've been pregnant I've told him it's not safe to wash my hair because if I raise my arms over my head it can cause the cord to wrap around the baby's neck. So every single day, he washes my hair for me.

I absolutely love getting my hair cut just because it feels sooo good when someone else washes your hair haha. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • That he sometimes makes me feel stupid when he gets to talking about mechanics, work, taxes, finances, bank crap. Just anything like that. I thought I was pretty well informed until I met him and I just feel so in the dark, but I read a lot on the internet and a lot of books trying to figure this stuff out without having to ask him.

• I never pay attention to him when he is talking about investing money and blah blah.  I know that I should care because we have a family , but I just don't care. I tune him out until he is finished talking. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • image hermione76:
    I never pay attention to him when he is talking about investing money and blah blah.  I know that I should care because we have a family , but I just don't care. I tune him out until he is finished talking. 

I know, I'm totally screwed in this aspect if (God forbid) something happens to him!

• image SookieFrackhouse:

image hermione76:
    I never pay attention to him when he is talking about investing money and blah blah.  I know that I should care because we have a family , but I just don't care. I tune him out until he is finished talking. 

I know, I'm totally screwed in this aspect if (God forbid) something happens to him!

I am in the same boat. He takes care of all of our finances. He is just so good at it, and he loves making budgets and all of that fun stuff. So..I just let him deal , and I don't worry about it .  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • I am not terribly knowledgeable about his job.  DH is a news reporter for the local NBC station.  I majored in telecommunications in college for 2 years, but dropped it because I was not terribly good at the technical (camera, editing, etc) side of it.  He thinks I know what he is talking about when he comes home from work and starts talking about VOSOTs.  Yeah, not so much.  But how can I tell him that after 8 years of deception? Devil
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • When he starts talking mechanics and boats I kind of tune him out.  I nod and smile and pretend im' listening - but I don't understand anything that he says about it.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • When I first met my husband, I did not find him attractive.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • My husband referees basketball on the side during the season and now he is doing college ball which is a big deal and he always talks about it and I honestly couldnt give 2 sh*ts about it. I try to act supportive but I seriously do not care.
  • image huffman627:

I'm due in 3 weeks and pretty much the whole time I've been pregnant I've told him it's not safe to wash my hair because if I raise my arms over my head it can cause the cord to wrap around the baby's neck. So every single day, he washes my hair for me.

I absolutely love getting my hair cut just because it feels sooo good when someone else washes your hair haha. 

Hahaha, I can't believe he bought this, and is doing it every day!!  You've got some balls, girl ;) 

imageimage
  • image harleyjo:
    image huffman627:

I'm due in 3 weeks and pretty much the whole time I've been pregnant I've told him it's not safe to wash my hair because if I raise my arms over my head it can cause the cord to wrap around the baby's neck. So every single day, he washes my hair for me.

Hahaha, I can't believe he bought this, and is doing it every day!!  You've got some balls, girl ;) 

haha. I know. But it's gotten kind of annoying because now if I'm tryint to reach up for ANYTHING he freaks out and runs to my rescue to get it for me. I'm only 5'4" so I have to stand on my tippy toes and reach as high as I can if there is something I want thats in a cabinet over the fridge or something. He also moved our entire closet around so that I wouldn't have to raise my arms to reach any of my clothes haha. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • image tiffanyp:
    When I first met my husband, I did not find him attractive.

THIS! but now I'm completely in love with everything about him.. the weird part is he is more self conscience now than he was when we 1st got together. 

• I am so tired of him being number 1 and saying Im a B!@#$ all of the time that Im packing his bags after the baby comes. He is never wrong and I am supose to do everything heaven forbid I can not get dinner cooked. I want to yell at him Hey moron its 2010 and I have my own oppinion!
  • image huffman627:

OMG I love your photos! My dog is a mix of those two - he is a "Bug" boston and pug ; )

• image conley81:
    I am so tired of him being number 1 and saying Im a B!@#$ all of the time that Im packing his bags after the baby comes. He is never wrong and I am supose to do everything heaven forbid I can not get dinner cooked. I want to yell at him Hey moron its 2010 and I have my own oppinion!

Yikes... I'm sorry to hear that. Best of luck!

• Ok, I feel dumb, but what does DH stand for?
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • haha some of these crack me up. I can't stand when he talks about work because he is in the military and right now he is taking a course. When he talks about shot projection and such I tune out most of the time until there is something I can fake listening to, then I say something hoping he thinks that I have been paying attention. Oh and I fake orgasms. I've never had one with intercourse, but whatever gets it done with :)
  • WISH I could do this, but DH is a cryptologic tech for the NAVY =( .... and he played WoW 13+ hours a day.... more under control now that we're expecting and I threw a temper tantrum...
  • me too...... he chased me for months and months and finally I gave him a chance..... now we're as happy as peas in a pod =)
  • image conley81:
    I am so tired of him being number 1 and saying Im a B!@#$ all of the time that Im packing his bags after the baby comes. He is never wrong and I am supose to do everything heaven forbid I can not get dinner cooked. I want to yell at him Hey moron its 2010 and I have my own oppinion!

Good for you! You are worth more than that!!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • When I bought a pregnancy test I bought a 2 pack and did one at home while he was at work on weekend. When DH asked me if I thought I was pregnant I said yes but I didn't tell him I did one of the tests. So one friday morning before work I woke him up and we did the second test together. But as far as he knows that was the only pregnancy test and we found it positive together.
  • When I bought a pregnancy test I bought a 2 pack and did one at home while he was at work on weekend. When DH asked me if I thought I was pregnant I said yes but I didn't tell him I did one of the tests. So one friday morning before work I woke him up and we did the second test together. But as far as he knows that was the only pregnancy test and we found it positive together. DS is now 3 months old haha. I'll probly tell him some day I did the first test alone.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards