Cloth Diapering

Fabric Softner and CD

So I know not to use fabric softener on my CD.  I have FB OS.  DH asked yesterday if it was going to be a problem washing the CD in the same washer we use for our clothes/towels since we use fabric softener. Is this ok?
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: Fabric Softner and CD

• It *might* be a problem over time if the residue inside the washer gets onto the diapers through washing. I'd be more worried about your dryer and the residue the fabric softener might have there.

I would just keep to your normal wash routine and if you notice repelling or leaking issues it could be due to build up on your diapers from your fabric softener. Then you might have to strip your diapers (and your washer somehow).

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    September 2015 Siggy Challenge - Happy Dance
  • I never really though about it but I have been CDing for 17 months and have not had an issue that I know of.
  • Loading the player...
  • No issues here.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thanks ladies.  I don't use it on the baby stuff/clothes or CD, but I like it for our clothes and towels.  Hopefully it isn't an issue.  We are looking in to buying an extra washer and dryer anyway.  We rent now so it wouldn't hurt to have our own for when we buy a house in the next 2 years.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I use distilled white vinegar as a rinse in the washer and it works fine and is super cheap. This might also help with any buildup in your machine from your other loads. It doesn't leave any smell. I've also used baking soda in the past and that works too.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"