1st Trimester

I think I'm obsessed

Really, in every spare minute, I'm reading pg books, looking at pg websites, looking at maternity clothes, baby stuff, etc.  This can't be healthy. Please tell me I'm not the only one who is this consumed w/excitement over FINALLY being pregnant... Embarrassed
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: I think I'm obsessed

• I'm so excited but I won't let myself look at that stuff until I have an u/s and see the hb.  I am terrified something is going to go wrong.  I want to just embrace it though.
  • I was like this with my first daughter :) I bought TONS of books and researched everything online, already started looking at baby stuff and thinking about nursery colors and names. This time around I'm a little cautious because my pregnancy is high risk so I'm trying to remain calmer. 

I don't regret doing it with my first baby though because now I'm well educated about it all. 

• Loading the player...
  • I have definitely been spending too much time on websites and trying to find pg books. I have WTEWYE and it's ok, but want at least one more :) I haven't been looking at maternity clothes yet, but think I will start checking for clearnace sales. I also haven't looked too much at baby stuff because I want to hear the hb first. It's just so fun and exciting!!!!!!

• I know what you mean. I'm terrified of something going wrong too.  But I'm being positive. I'm not actually buying anything yet, just looking. I may have to buy a Bella band soon though just b/c of the bloat!! This is my first, so I know it isn't anything baby-specific but several of my work pants are uncomfortably tight and I can't imagine wearing them for the next 2-3 months until I move into maternity gear.  Crazy? Maybe. But being uncomfortable sucks. I think I'm totally breaking down and banding it sometime in the next few weeks.
  • lol You are not alone :) Same here....I think I should be a pregnancy expert after it is all said and done..... try and relax is what I keep telling myself every day
  • I haven't been looking at stuff about pregnancy, but I have been looking at baby stuff. I look online and find all the stuff I like and then send the links to my husband and let him look to see what he likes that I like. It's the only way we can look around right now since he's overseas. 

Once he gets home and we get settled, we'll start to really look and get ideas of what we want to get.  

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I promised myself that I wouldn't look or buy anything until after my doctor's appt on Wed., but then all of a sudden I was sitting on the floor at Barnes and Noble yesterday looking at pregnancy journals and I'm online researching pillows for sleeping on your side.  I'm a mess!  So it's gone from "I won't look at anything" to "I won't buy anything."  I swear 10 minutes after I'm out of the doctor's office on Wed. I'm going to be on Amazon buying like, four books.

So you are def not alone! 

• Me too.  I was like this planning the wedding too, though.  I consider it being well-informed.  Stick out tongue
  • imageMrsHteaching4life:
    I'm so excited but I won't let myself look at that stuff until I have an u/s and see the hb.  I am terrified something is going to go wrong.  I want to just embrace it though.

Congrats on your BFP! I remember you from TTGP :)

• I was like this the first few weeks, but it does die down a little after a while.  It is a little surprising how often you dont think about it when all the other things in your life are going on.  I still bump, I still research, but not unendingly like I did when I got my BFP.
    imageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Im def obsessed...and a nervous wreck!

I want this baby soooo very badly.

• imageJessynlove:

Im def obsessed...and a nervous wreck!

I want this baby soooo very badly.

You and me both!! I just keep praying everything will be good so we can tell our good news at Thanksgiving! I'm beyond excited Big Smile I'm glad I'm not alone. I've never been this obsessive about anything before, but I'm sure it will settle down a bit after a while - it has to!

• imagechayer227:
    Me too.  I was like this planning the wedding too, though.  I consider it being well-informed.  Stick out tongue

I just might steal that excuse.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"