1st Trimester
Options

Pregnancy Tea from all natural food store???

Are these pregnancy teas safe?  I just started shopping at this store that has all natural and organic foods and ran across some pregnancy tea and was told that these are good to drink.  I am 7 weeks along... anyone know?

Re: Pregnancy Tea from all natural food store???

• Options

What are they for? I am sceptical of anything like that because some of the ingredients have effects that you can't predict - the 'all natural' and 'vitamin' industries are not as regulated as you think. 

A pregnancy vitamin is probably a good idea, as is folic acid but for the rest I would steer clear.

You can check individual ingredients with your doctor or a pharmacist to be on the safe side.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Another thought is that most foods, unless indicated, are usually ok for you while pregnant because they have been tested and found safe. 

These are some of the things listed in Canada - but if in the US I am sure the FDA has a similar page:

https://www.hc-sc.gc.ca/fn-an/nutrition/prenatal/index-eng.php

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Sorry - can't help it am a searching junkie:

Warning! Some herbal teas, such as Chamomiles, aren?t good to drink when you?re pregnant. Herbal teas generally considered safe if taken in moderation (2 to 3 cups per day): citrus peel, ginger, lemon balm, orange peel, rose hip. Stay away from teas with Aloe, Coltsfoot, Juniper Berries, Pennyroyal, Buckthorn Bark, Comfrey, Labrador Tea, Sassafras, Duck Roots, Lobelia and Senna Leaves.

• Options
    Thanks for the info  :) I have been reading up on it and I found some lists of tea ingredients that are safe and ones that arent and their effects..very interesting.  Still need to just ask my Dr too just to make sure.
  • Options
    I swear, and always will, by Red Raspberry Leaf Tea. You aren't supposed to drink lots of it until the 3rd trimester - last two weeks, but if you maintain a safe quantity (ask your Dr.) it helps make your labor a thousand times easier!! I had a 17 hr labor with my DD and it was a breeze considering she was 9lbs 4oz and 22inches long (I was TINY when I got pregnant with her) and I swear it was because I drank the stuff like water my last two weeks.
  • Options
    I asked my doc about what kind of tea was ok to drink. She said regular caffiene free teas like from Safeway were ok. But she said to avoid tea you would find at a specialty store.
    July 2015 Jan Siggy Challenge: Snow Fails/Funnies

BFP #5 11/15/14, Team Green EDD 7/22/15

BFP #4 4/30/13, baby girl born med-free Jan. 2014

BFP #3 9/24/12, Missed m/c at 9w1d (baby measured 8w5d)

BFP #2 9/23/10, healthy baby girl born med-free June 2011

BFP #1 5/21/10, Missed m/c at 10w4d (baby measured 8wks), D&C 6/29/10

"Life is like a camera, just focus on what's important and capture the good times, develop from the negatives and if things don't work out, just take another shot."

• Options
    Pregnancy tea helped me a ton with my m/s last preg. I recommend it highly. . 
    PhotobucketBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"