1st Trimester

Gestational sac larger than embryo?

i had my first u/s today and my gs measured 7w3d while the fetal pole measured 6w3d.  anyone have this happen? the tech said not to worry about it, but i'm not a very good listener.  

Re: Gestational sac larger than embryo?

• Hmm. I've actually never heard of that.

I would think it's good that there IS a fetal pole though right?

Try not to stress. I know that's easier said than done. Are they doing another u/s in a week or two?

• i hope so?  i went to an independent u/s place, not my dr.'s office as they won't do one for another couple of weeks i think.

the tech didn't worry about it at all and said sometimes that happens and they will just go by the crl.  still kinda strange though. 

• OMG look who it is! I missed the intro.

I'm not sure about your question but did they want to bring you back for another u.s?

congrats to you!!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Wow I just had an ultrasound and my gest sac measured 7w3d and the fetal pole was 6w6d ! We saw and heard the heartbeat at 136 and the tech didn't seem concerned. I am waiting for a call back but the nurse assured me that if they though anything looked off they would call.  I am not sure what to think either but I was super excited to hear a healthy heartbeat :)  Let me know of any updates and I will do the same!
  • Wow I just had an ultrasound and my gest sac measured 7w3d and the fetal pole was 6w6d ! We saw and heard the heartbeat at 136 and the tech didn't seem concerned. I am waiting for a call back but the nurse assured me that if they though anything looked off they would call.  I am not sure what to think either but I was super excited to hear a healthy heartbeat :)  Let me know of any updates and I will do the same!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards