2nd Trimester

Moving up to 2nd tri

Hi everyone! I'm moving up from 1st tri and I'm excited to be entering the second part of my pregnancy.  I even have felt the baby move a little in the last few days!
"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent"--Eleanor Roosevelt Lilypie First Birthday tickers Anniversary

Re: Moving up to 2nd tri

• You felt the baby move at 13 weeks?  Wow... he must be super-baby. 
  • imageEmjayTheBanned:
    You felt the baby move at 13 weeks?  Wow... he must be super-baby. 

Ok so I just agreed with you on another post but now you are being rude so maybe I'll take it back.  What happened to everyone just getting along? I'm not an idiot.  I know the baby isn't like kicking up a storm or anything like that but if I lay really still (really really still) and relax I can feel a tiny flutter.  I'm not imagining it and no it's not gas.  It just started 2 days ago and unless I have a worm I'm pretty sure it's the baby.  Please be respectful.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent"--Eleanor Roosevelt Lilypie First Birthday tickers Anniversary
  • Loading the player...
  • imagejpupillo:

imageEmjayTheBanned:

Ok so I just agreed with you on another post but now you are being rude so maybe I'll take it back.  What happened to everyone just getting along? I'm not an idiot.  I know the baby isn't like kicking up a storm or anything like that but if I lay really still (really really still) and relax I can feel a tiny flutter.  I'm not imagining it and no it's not gas.  It just started 2 days ago and unless I have a worm I'm pretty sure it's the baby.  Please be respectful.

Oh no... you took back your agreement!   Well, I hope you've enjoyed your welcome to 2nd Tri.  I'm sorry you didn't get the response you hoped for. 

Some facts for you to absorb: 

You are NOT feeling the baby.  You are imagining it.  I'm  not rude, I'm honest.  Nothing happened to people getting along, because that's never been the case. 

• imageEmjayTheBanned:
    imagejpupillo:

imageEmjayTheBanned:

Oh noe... you took back your agreement!   Well, I hope you've enjoyed your welcome to 2nd Tri.  I'm sorry you didn't get the response you hoped for. 

You are NOT feeling the baby.  You are imagining it.  I'm  not rude, I'm honest.  Nothing happened to people getting along, because that's never been the case. 

I appreciate the hospitality (Jenn said sarcastically).  Just some questions: Why so bitter?  I don't know you so why are you attacking me? Just a thought. I really didn't ask for your opinion I was just introducing myself to the board. Maybe I'm done with the bump for awhile seeing as how people can't stand it when others are happy and have to bring them down to their level.  Whatev.  Looks like you are just out to argue with everyone today.

• imagejpupillo:
    imageEmjayTheBanned:
    imagejpupillo:

imageEmjayTheBanned:

Oh noe... you took back your agreement!   Well, I hope you've enjoyed your welcome to 2nd Tri.  I'm sorry you didn't get the response you hoped for. 

I appreciate the hospitality (Jenn said sarcastically).  Just some questions: Why so bitter?  I don't know you so why are you attacking me? Just a thought. I really didn't ask for your opinion I was just introducing myself to the board. Maybe I'm done with the bump for awhile seeing as how people can't stand it when others are happy and have to bring them down to their level.  Whatev.  Looks like you are just out to argue with everyone today.

(Jenn said sarcastically?  Ick! )

I'm not bitter.  I simply said you must have super baby if you feel it at 13 weeks.  You were the one who went all pollyanna and started saying you take back this and can't we all get along.  

If you are making this you GBCB, that's your problem.  I just happened to be the first person who saw your post.  50 other people would have said the same thing.  

Additional breaking news:  When you post on a public message board, you are opening yourself up for opinion.  

• imageEmjayTheBanned:
    imagejpupillo:
    imageEmjayTheBanned:
    imagejpupillo:

imageEmjayTheBanned:

(Jenn said sarcastically?  Ick! )

I'm not bitter.  I simply said you must have super baby if you feel it at 13 weeks.  You were the one who went all pollyanna and started saying you take back this and can't we all get along.  

If you are making this you GBCB, that's your problem.  I just happened to be the first person who saw your post.  50 other people would have said the same thing.  

Additional breaking news:  When you post on a public message board, you are opening yourself up for opinion.  

Sure. I'm anything but Pollyanna, trust me.  I just dont' appreciate being attacked for no reason.  I took off work today to minimze stress just because of issues I had yesterday (which is neither here nor there it's just upsetting) only to be attacked by people I don't know on the internet.  That's all.  I really don't mind that you offered your opinion, however maybe you should "think before you post". I was under the impression that people posted on the bump boards to share information about their pregnancies and get advice not bring people down.  I guess maybe I'm being too sensitive. Sorry for that.

• Sigh...

I think if you took your own advice and thought before you posted, you would do well.  I'm sorry you can't handle the harsh realities of one little ol' person saying something to you that you didn't want to hear.  However, if you lurked on this board a bit, you'd see that coming on here saying you feel movement at 13 weeks is going to get a response.  

Also, this isn't a support group.  And you weren't attacked.  

• imageEmjayTheBanned:

Sigh...

I think if you took your own advice and thought before you posted, you would do well.  I'm sorry you can't handle the harsh realities of one little ol' person saying something to you that you didn't want to hear.  However, if you lurked on this board a bit, you'd see that coming on here saying you feel movement at 13 weeks is going to get a response.  

Also, this isn't a support group.  And you weren't attacked.  

Fine.  I never said it was a support group. I'm done

• Wait... was that a GBCB?  I'm confused. 
  • Look, OP, all you had to do was to "play along" and not get your little girl panties in a bundle.  Now you've summoned up the ?meanies? and have made it much worse for yourself?

Gunnar is my IVF miracle...after 4 years of TTC...Two cycles of IVF...Our little dude blessed us with his birth...I thank God everyday for him. Lilypie First Birthday tickers PhotobucketPhotobucket
  • imagecruelsound:
    imagetulips12_30:

Look, OP, all you had to do was to "play along" and not get your little girl panties in a bundle.  Now you've summoned up the ?meanies? and have made it much worse for yourself?

Yeah. Personally, I would have told Emjay to go choke on a cheeseburger.

WAIT!!!! What you meant to say was GAG!  You meant to say gag on a cheeseburger!  We just got you back on here, you would hate to loose you again to the bump gods over wishing for someome to choke on a cheeseburger while prego!!!

Gunnar is my IVF miracle...after 4 years of TTC...Two cycles of IVF...Our little dude blessed us with his birth...I thank God everyday for him. Lilypie First Birthday tickers PhotobucketPhotobucket
  • imagetulips12_30:

Look, OP, all you had to do was to "play along" and not get your little girl panties in a bundle.  Now you've summoned up the ?meanies? and have made it much worse for yourself?

Apparently being a "meanie" is all some people get on the boards to do.  I notice it's always the same people.  Oh well.  Imaturity is everywhere.  An informed "It's a little early, maybe it's something else" would have been more appropriate than "Oh well you must have super baby you idiot".  People respond better to respectful information than to rude "you're so stupid for even saying that" comments.  I'm just saying...

• imagejpupillo:
    imagetulips12_30:

Apparently being a "meanie" is all some people get on the boards to do.  I notice it's always the same people.  Oh well.  Imaturity is everywhere.  An informed "It's a little early, maybe it's something else" would have been more appropriate than "Oh well you must have super baby you idiot".  People respond better to respectful information than to rude "you're so stupid for even saying that" comments.  I'm just saying...

Hmmmm, whose judging now??  Don't confuse immaturity with common sense my dear.   And please reread the comment, I don't believe the word idiot was anywhere in that response.  Stop being so damn dramatic!    

• imagejpupillo:
    imagetulips12_30:

Look here.  If you're going to quote me, do it accurately.  I never called you an idiot.  

This is what I said:

imageEmjayTheBanned:

I never called you stupid, or an idiot, or anything else.  I thought I was being nice.  Now you've gone and pissed me off for misquoting me.  Go back to 1st tri if you can't handle it here.  

Get your head on straight and then come back.  

• Welcome to 2nd Tri!!!!1!

LOL. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    The Mouse ~ 06.12.08 | The Froggy ~ 02.23.11

• imagecruelsound:
    imagejpupillo:
    imagetulips12_30:

You should have said this 10 posts ago.

Also, you would have flipped your shiit to "It's a little early, maybe it's something else" in the same way you did to the superbaby comment.

FYI - 5 starring your own posts is lame.

Fun stuff.  Anyway, I don't think I would have been mad if she was a little more constructive.  I can clearly read and I know she didn't literally call me an idiot.  Thanks for the FYI. 

• Oh FFS, no one called you an idiot, you just got defensive for no reason.  Emjay was calling your kid super, you took it the way you wanted to.

Also, these ladies give loads of support and information, to say they are only here to be meanies is just stupid.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageEmjayTheBanned:
    imagejpupillo:
    imagetulips12_30:

Look here.  If you're going to quote me, do it accurately.  I never called you an idiot.  

This is what I said:

imageEmjayTheBanned:

I never called you stupid, or an idiot, or anything else.  I thought I was being nice.  Now you've gone and pissed me off for misquoting me.  Go back to 1st tri if you can't handle it here.  

Get your head on straight and then come back.  

YGPM.

• imageMrsTotty:

Welcome to 2nd Tri!!!!1!

LOL. 

Thanks! It's been great so far.

• imagejpupillo:

An informed "It's a little early, maybe it's something else" would have been more appropriate than "Oh well you must have super baby you idiot".  People respond better to respectful information than to rude "you're so stupid for even saying that" comments.  I'm just saying...

imagejpupillo:

Fun stuff.  Anyway, I don't think I would have been mad if she was a little more constructive.  I can clearly read and I know she didn't literally call me an idiot.  Thanks for the FYI. 

You put the statement in quotes.  Therefore, at least in the world of literate people, you are stating that is something I said, verbatim.  

Sorry you have gas.  Get over it.  It happens to everyone.  

• imagejpupillo:

YGPM.

Oh, I can't wait.   I hope it's something interesting. 

ETA:  It wasn't.  Sleep

• imageMrsTotty:

Welcome to 2nd Tri!!!!1!

LOL. 

Bahaha.

Listen, OP, Emjay wasn't attacking you. She said something silly and sarcastic and you got VERY defensive. And as she said, if she wasn't the first one to reply, forty other people would've told you that what you're feeling is not the baby. I'm not god, I don't know what you felt, but in 99% of pregnancies, babies are simply not strong enough at that stage for you to feel him/her. Hence the super-baby comment.

Relax and take the board for what it is. Sense of humor is a must. Congrats on getting to 2nd tri.

imagePregnancy Ticker
  • *sigh*

Lurk first... then post!  It is my 2nd time through here and I STILL lurked!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Leah - 6.28.09

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lorelei - 4.23.11

Books Read:
    2013 - 4
    2012 - 50 2011 - 47 2010 - 57
    2009 - 71 2008 - 108 2007 - 33
  • This post is hilarious and a great way to start my day! LOL Yes
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • 1) grow up

2) i thought I felt my baby moving around 12 weeks, but wasn't sure as this is my first child. People told me it was gas bubbles or muscles cramping. I had an ultrasound at 13 wks and confirmed that the little movement I was feeling in my lower belly was indeed occurring when the baby was moving.  The feeling has continued, and gotten stronger and i'm now 18 weeks.  My doctor confirmed it's not impossible to feel your baby move as early as 10 weeks, it's just very rare especially in a first pregnancy because most people assume its gas or something else. 

Just because some people may not feel a "kick" until 20 weeks, doesn't mean your kid hasn't moved until then! So there's no need to be rude. Everyone's different.

PS)  welcome to 2nd tri!  Smile

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageLynsiBHM:

1) grow up

2) i thought I felt my baby moving around 12 weeks, but wasn't sure as this is my first child. People told me it was gas bubbles or muscles cramping. I had an ultrasound at 13 wks and confirmed that the little movement I was feeling in my lower belly was indeed occurring when the baby was moving.  The feeling has continued, and gotten stronger and i'm now 18 weeks.  My doctor confirmed it's not impossible to feel your baby move as early as 10 weeks, it's just very rare especially in a first pregnancy because most people assume its gas or something else. 

Just because some people may not feel a "kick" until 20 weeks, doesn't mean your kid hasn't moved until then! So there's no need to be rude. Everyone's different.

This. well said. 

• I'm just waiting for the obligatory big girl panties. 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imagecruelsound:
    imageLynsiBHM:

1) grow up

1) The quote button is your friend. I mean, who exactly are you responding to?

2) kthxbye

I was replying to multiple people.  Since you responded, I'd say it was a success. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • OP, she didn't call you an idiot, but I'm calling you an idiot. You can quote me on that too if you want.
  • putting all the ugliness aside, fwiw, some women CAN feel movement at 13 weeks.

https://www.americanpregnancy.org/duringpregnancy/firstfetalmovement.htm

NFT

9 angels in heaven-3 in my arms and 1 in the NICU                                                                                                                                    
    Mono/di twin girls: Josephine born to heaven and Evangeline born Earthside at 25w

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"