2nd Trimester

Sharp Pains on my right side?

Is anyone else having these? It's kind of like someone is momentarily stabbing me in the right side. This didn't happen with Molly, so it's a new thing. I'm thinking RLP but man does it hurt!

Re: Sharp Pains on my right side?

• Me!  Mine are across my entire lower stomach whenever I get up a little too fast.  They stop me in my tracks and nearly bring me to my knees!
    Gunnar is my IVF miracle...after 4 years of TTC...Two cycles of IVF...Our little dude blessed us with his birth...I thank God everyday for him. Lilypie First Birthday tickers PhotobucketPhotobucket
  • I asked my DR about this when I was in last week because I was having exactly what you're describing. Very low pain in my pelvic area on the right side only.  It feels like someone stabs you but the pain passes very quickly (3-5 sec), however during that short time you clench anything in site and breath really hard to detract from the pain.  She said more than likely it's RLP and is totally common.  She said the other thing it could be is that your intestines meet up in this area and you could have a gas bubble or bowels trying to pass through that are caught on a sharp curve.  These pains tend to last more like 3 min and typically go away with heat and pressure.  She suggested drinking lots of water and making sure to eat a lot of fiber.  Unfortunately I don't think it'll go away anytime soon...
  • image tulips12_30:
    Me!  Mine are across my entire lower stomach whenever I get up a little too fast.  They stop me in my tracks and nearly bring me to my knees!

I had the same thing happen to me today.  I had to have a student bring me a chair. 

• I get these sometimes too. Mostly when I stand up. What's RLP?
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers image image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards