2nd Trimester

Don't. Touch. My. Belly.

I was at my parents house today, and my older brother walks up to me, asks to see my belly, and proceeds to lift up my shirt to try and touch  my stomach. And, when I yelled "What are you doing??" he got mad at me and told me I was being oversensitive, and walked away.

WTH.

(PS - We are not close enough for him to do anything near that and have me freak out.)

Goose 2.19.11 MC #1 6/12/11 MC #2 11/5/12 Bubby 10.3.13
Rory- "Sarcasm doesn't become you"
Lane- "No, but it does sustain me." 

Re: Don't. Touch. My. Belly.

• I thought only kindergarteners did that sort of thing with a shirt lift! What a freak!
    imageimage

EDD 1/31/13, MC May 17. EDD 3/31/13, MC July 26. I miss you so much already my angel loves

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Ok - I so just had this conversation with my husband that it seems like you become pregnant and your body is up for everyone to touch. Since when do you become pregnant and it is ok for anyone to stand there and touch you? Hello - have you heard of harassament? This didn't bother me as much with DD however this time around I can't stand it!!!!
  • One of my sister's has done this a few times. She's so caught up on seeing my bare belly. I've turned her down every time she asks but this weekend she got drunk at a party and just lifted my shirt. Thankfully my belly panel was high but it took me and her friend to get her off of me.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image MommyTucker09:
    Ok - I so just had this conversation with my husband that it seems like you become pregnant and your body is up for everyone to touch. Since when do you become pregnant and it is ok for anyone to stand there and touch you? Hello - have you heard of harassament? This didn't bother me as much with DD however this time around I can't stand it!!!!

Yeah, it's like people see your stomach like it's a baby. If you couldn't do it before I was pregnant... you can't do it now.

Goose 2.19.11 MC #1 6/12/11 MC #2 11/5/12 Bubby 10.3.13
    Rory- "Sarcasm doesn't become you"
    Lane- "No, but it does sustain me." 
  • image Hyfagal:

One of my sister's has done this a few times. She's so caught up on seeing my bare belly. I've turned her down every time she asks but this weekend she got drunk at a party and just lifted my shirt. Thankfully my belly panel was high but it took me and her friend to get her off of me.

This would have caused me to want to kick her in the shin. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • This just amazes me. Both pregnancies I've never had anybody try to touch my belly, so odd.....
  • um, wow. My brother trying to touch me other than a hug Hello & Goodbye would creep me the hell out.

people are just weird. 

• image HoolahZinger:
    I thought only kindergarteners did that sort of thing with a shirt lift! What a freak!

This.

My preschoolers do this to me in class.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

DD ~ 4/21/2011
    DD 2.0 ~ 12/30/2013

• Yea, that sucks. I met this girl like a month ago, and every time she sees me, she belly touches. Now, we go to college together, and I see her in the halls, and I'm not flaunting my pregnancy in college. I've told my professors, and the people I want to know (ie- friends, their moms, my mom's friends) but it's kind of obvious when this random girl yells "BABY MOMMA" and grabs my stomach!!! Grrrrrr....
  • I don't mind friends and family rubbing my belly.  I'd be a little pissed if they tried lifting my shirt though.  Definitely have to say something.

I kinda can't wait for a stranger to try and rub my belly.  I'm going to reach out and rub my hand across their belly.  Maybe caress down the side of their hip and onto the rump or something and see how they like being randomly touched by someone they don't know. 

• I just bought this for myself for the next time I go to my inlaws. My MIL insists on rubbing my 'belly' (just under my boobs, mind you) saying things like 'hi munchkin! grandma loves you!'. I know it SOUNDS cute, but she gets all up close almost like she is going to inspect my nipples. I usually respond with something like 'last night's pizza loves you too because the baby is about 10 inches south and can't hear you'. She has been doing this since we told her, which was at 8 weeks.

• I hate, hate, hate, hate this too! I had a very large personal space before I was pregnant and it's even bigger now. Just the other day, I was at WalMart, and out of the corner of my eye I saw an older (not old cuz that would be a lil mean) lady coming towards me,  hand out, saying "Awww". When I made eye contact she asked how far along I was. I gave her my best shocked expression and said "Pardon me? I'm not!", and stalked away. LOL! Perhaps not the best way to handle it but I really, really, really don't like people touching me. =)
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers image image
  • my and my fiance were hanging out with his 4 year old last night and he kept trying to lift up my shirt to say hi to his brother or sister. i wouldnt' let him because i was too self conscious but i thought it was cute lol

i don't mind it when people touch my belly, i had the same urges before i got preggo so i can't blame them

• me and my fiance were hanging out with his 4 year old last night and he kept trying to lift up my shirt to say hi to his brother or sister. i wouldnt' let him because i was too self conscious but i thought it was cute lol

i don't mind it when people touch my belly, i had the same urges before i got preggo so i can't blame them

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards