Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

Re: FFFC!

• I got to Gold thinking FFFC meant "Fun Fearless Female Confession" (like Cosmo magazine's column of the same name.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I find myself cringing and denying it when people say that dd looks a lot like me.  I realized why.... I don't want her to grow up to look like me because I don't really like the way I look.  I especially worry that she will have my big nose and get teased for being ugly like I did. :-(
  • Loading the player...
  • I cringe when people tell me M looks like my MIL. She has gorgeous ice blue eyes but other than that I think she resembles Ozzy Osbourne back in the day when he bit the head off of that bat.She just has a crazy look about her. Thankfully, I just don't see the resemblance, but I still worry....
  • I lurk on 1st tri when I'm bored and want to tear my hair out at some of the brainless posts, even though I probably posted equally brainless stuff when I was pregnant with my first.
  • I think that asking for thoughts and prayers on a message board is stupid.  I would never pray and think about someone I don't know.  Do people really think that an internet stranger is actually going to pray for bumpie/nestie Jane Doe?  I, personally, find it weird.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • imageEchowysp:
    I find myself cringing and denying it when people say that dd looks a lot like me.  I realized why.... I don't want her to grow up to look like me because I don't really like the way I look.  I especially worry that she will have my big nose and get teased for being ugly like I did. :-(
    This makes me sad.  I'm sorry :(
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • DH and I talked about being done having kids but having a baby has been on my mind for the past 2 weeks.  I think its because of all the BFPs and some IRL friends finding out the sex of their baby.  
  • JCMJCM member

My husband is currently driving me crazy!  He usually travels for work but has been home for over 3 weeks.  When he doesn't travel he works from home.  

I also can't keep from cheating on my diet and it is making me not like myself too much but I just can't stop myself from putting that bit of cheese or what ever in my mouth! 

& I am secretly jealous that my DH has lost 40 lbs and has the drive to work out each day & I have NONE.

So there are 3! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageExpatFamily06:
    I think that asking for thoughts and prayers on a message board is stupid.  I would never pray and think about someone I don't know.  Do people really think that an internet stranger is actually going to pray for bumpie/nestie Jane Doe?  I, personally, find it weird.

While I too find it a little ridiculous when I see people ask for T&P over jobs or a new house, I actually do say a little prayer when I see posts for a child or a sick family member. It takes a second of my time and if it somehow does make a difference it can't hurt.

• imageJCM:

My husband is currently driving me crazy!  He usually travels for work but has been home for over 3 weeks.  When he doesn't travel he works from home. 

I'll trade with you- my husband has been away for 2 weeks- he frequently travels too- and I miss him so much. He'll be home for a month and I'm really looking forward to that, plus it's great for our son to have him home.

My FFFC is that if you keep your children out late at night because you're on vacation, I judge you. Toddlers should not be up and out at midnight!

• I think I'm unintelligent and boring. If I think this about myself then it's no wonder that I don't have friends.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker NATALIE - 9/13/09 HANNAH - 6/8/12
  • imageJCM:

I

My DH took a week of vacation last week and I thought I was going to go insane. I like having him home on weekends, but having him underfoot for nine days straight was WAY too much. We're a happier couple when one of us is out of the house on a regular basis.

• I'm nowhere near as put together as most people in my real life believe.  I think I put on a good facade, but inside I am just a mess much of the time.  Sometimes I feel like I have a double life - the real me and the one I project to others, and only I know that they are not the same person...does that make any sense?  Anyway, it's exhausting.  Sad
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• I have another one.  Although DD isn't even 6 months old yet, I keep thinking about being pregnant again.  I loved both of my pregnancies, and I must be crazy because I love the newborn stage as well.  Now that DD is getting bigger and is teething and rolling, I can't help but miss my tiny newborn and want another one.  DH and I have not closed the door on having more children, but 2 is definitely as much as I can handle for now - sometimes it's MORE than I can handle, to be honest. 
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Halloween candy has been passed around our office for days, and now I have a nice little stash.  I know I need to lose 20 lbs, but it oddly is nice to have candy in my desk, even though I know I'm not going to eat much of it.  There will come a day soon, when I am pmsing that I will raid the stash.

My other confession is that I put ds right to bed last night at his bedtime, although he had a later than usual dinner, because I wanted to watch Ghost Hunters on dvr and eat chili.   I feel so bad, especially since I worked all day and didn't get to see him for more than a few hours. 

My last confession, is that I've been taking Ambien at night, every night, and I don't think I can sleep without it.  Granted it's prescribed by my doctor, and I take only the amount prescribed, but I sleep so well with it.   I still wake up when I hear ds at crying at night, but I have said things to dh after I've taken that I don't remember the next day. 

I have more, but that's it for now!

• imageRaphSandra2005:
    I'm nowhere near as put together as most people in my real life believe.  I think I put on a good facade, but inside I am just a mess much of the time.  Sometimes I feel like I have a double life - the real me and the one I project to others, and only I know that they are not the same person...does that make any sense?  Anyway, it's exhausting.  Sad

I totally get what you're saying.  I'm the same way.  Everyone thinks I've got this MoMs thing down, all organized and together when in reality, it's a mess. 

• I think people are so obsessed with Teen Mom because it is a trainwreck and it makes them feel better about themselves and their parenting. 

• I bought some long sleeve shirts at the Gap/ON/BR 30% off sale a few weeks ago and they came this week.  I intended to use them for sleep shirts and wore one last night to bed for the first time.  Then, I was brushing my teeth this morning and thought "Hey, that's a good looking shirt."  So, I just kept it on.  Yes,  I am wearing my pajamas today.
  • imageaajfoster:

I think people are so obsessed with Teen Mom because it is a trainwreck and it makes them feel better about themselves and their parenting. 

Yes, somewhat true for me.

Jenna, I laughed out loud at your snuggie confession. Go for it!

J - 9/6/09 L and A - 1/17/12
  • I fed my DD mac n cheese for breakfast
  • Sam- I, for one, think you are neither unintelligent or boring. You are a smart sassy lady!

Jenna- Snuggie lovah :) They do look comfy. 
  • As much as I say that my past made me who I am today (which is true) I still am very ashamed at the way I acted as a teenager. What an ungrateful and naive teenager I was. I put my friends and family through so much that I wonder why/how we are all so close nowadays.
  • imageBelleBaby:

imageRaphSandra2005:
    I'm nowhere near as put together as most people in my real life believe.  I think I put on a good facade, but inside I am just a mess much of the time.  Sometimes I feel like I have a double life - the real me and the one I project to others, and only I know that they are not the same person...does that make any sense?  Anyway, it's exhausting.  Sad

I totally get what you're saying.  I'm the same way.  Everyone thinks I've got this MoMs thing down, all organized and together when in reality, it's a mess. 

Same here. I try to keep it altogether but inside I feel like I am drowning and failing at life.  It is a horrible feeling. 

• imageExpatFamily06:
    imageEchowysp:
    I find myself cringing and denying it when people say that dd looks a lot like me.  I realized why.... I don't want her to grow up to look like me because I don't really like the way I look.  I especially worry that she will have my big nose and get teased for being ugly like I did. :-(

Thanks.  You can't have years of bullying and teasing without having some scars.  I hope to teach my children to have better self-esteem.

• imagejbl126:
    imageBelleBaby:

imageRaphSandra2005:

Same here. I try to keep it altogether but inside I feel like I am drowning and failing at life.  It is a horrible feeling. 

I think everyone feels like this a bit. 

• imagejbl126:
    imageBelleBaby:

imageRaphSandra2005:

Isn't that an awful feeling?  I broke down earlier this week and told DH that I feel like a total failure as a mother and a wife and that he and the boys would be better off with someone else.  It's like I spend so much time trying to do everything that I'm missing out of the best parts of my boys' lives right now. 

Wow, that turned into a pity party, didn't it?  Sorry!

• imagejbl126:
    imageBelleBaby:

imageRaphSandra2005:

You all are not alone. I think we all (most people anyway) feel this way sometimes. And by sometimes I mean alot :)

• imageExpatFamily06:
    imageEchowysp:

I think it's ironic that you are willing post something like this, but that you wouldnt offer your support and prayers (if you pray) if she asked for them on the internet because you dont know her. 

• imageEchowysp:
     You can't have years of bullying and teasing without having some scars. 

I know how you feel.  When I was in elementary school I was taunted repeatedly for having "no friends".  Now that I'm older, I have a few close friends, but by no means a lot.  I always find myself counting the friends I do have, and I feel SO guilty when I don't make the effort to make more friends...even if just for DD to have some playdates.  Honestly (this is my FFFC), I'd just rather stay at home with DD or do things by myself when I get "me" time.   I'm excited to have another baby so there's more people in my life (down the road, I mean).  I just feel like friends come and go but family is forever. 

• I could totally cause some damage to my co-irkers property (of any kind..house, car,) and feel totally okay with it.

• In continuation of the ongoing leash debate, I put my son's plate of food on the floor. We eat in the living room sometimes, and if I put it on the table, he will just take it down and then end up dropping it. So I put it on the floor and he sits and eats happily. Yet I cannot escape the feeling that the floor is where a dog's bowl of food should go, not a toddler's.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Keshias Birthday 2012 046edit
  • lol Calins, whatever works! If we didn't have carpet, I would do the same since she hates eating at the table and sometimes she'll eat a lot more if we let her go off and do her own thing.

• I only clean the dining room floor under DS's high chair once a week.  I let our pets clean up all the food he drops.  Our cats eat what they want, then I let the dog come in and lick up the floor.  It looks clean.
  • imageEchowysp:

imageExpatFamily06:
    imageEchowysp:

Thanks.  You can't have years of bullying and teasing without having some scars.  I hope to teach my children to have better self-esteem.

I saw your pic on your blog the other day (I'm nosey like that), and I think you're very pretty. I'm sorry kids teased you. I got teased as well because there were hardly any Black people where I grew up. I got made fun of a lot for my hair, etc. It sucked and I only just this year (with the help of some bumpies, actually) started feeling okay about the way my hair is.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Keshias Birthday 2012 046edit
  • All of our friends and family think H and I are the cutest, most perfect couple, but at home we are a mess. We fight all the time, have no intimacy, and are about to start marriage couseling before we reach the end. We just put up a good front, I guess.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I can't do math in my head...if it isn't really simple and obvious, I have to whip out a calculator.  I also will use my fingers to count something "in my head" sometimes just to make sure I don't make a mistake.  Embarrassed

If you present me with a word problem that would amount to 1+1=2, I still won't "get it" and go into brain lock.

Until I got a phone w/ a tip calculator on it, I would always do math on a napkin to figure out the right percentage.

I am so glad that DH excels at mathematics, because there's no way I'd be able to help DD with it.  It makes me feel incredibly stupid.

• imageEchowysp:

imageExpatFamily06:
    imageEchowysp:

I've seen a picture of you & you are beautiful. I'm sorry you where picked on as a kid. I know just how that feels. I was bullied because of my weight as a kid. I wasn't even THAT overweight. I've always just been a bigger girl all around. I'm Swedish we don't come petite. So I got picked on for it. I'm with you & hope to teach my daughter to feel better about herself than that.  I also refuse to allow any other kid to bully her or let her bully.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Even though I really don't like my MIL, and I am really close to my mom, I have to admit MIL is a way better grandma to DD. My mom sucks at being a grandma and I feel guilty even thinking that.
  • imagesevans1975:

I can't do math in my head...if it isn't really simple and obvious, I have to whip out a calculator.  I also will use my fingers to count something "in my head" sometimes just to make sure I don't make a mistake.  Embarrassed

If you present me with a word problem that would amount to 1+1=2, I still won't "get it" and go into brain lock.

Until I got a phone w/ a tip calculator on it, I would always do math on a napkin to figure out the right percentage.

I am so glad that DH excels at mathematics, because there's no way I'd be able to help DD with it.  It makes me feel incredibly stupid.

yep, me too.  I panic at the thought of doing math.  I can't even remember multiplication.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"