Babies: 6 - 9 Months

Almost 8 months, no interest in crawling... verly little in rolling.

He CAN roll from belly to back and back to belly but he almost NEVER does. He's never shown any interest in any sign of crawling.

Anyone else have a LO that is not motivated to get mobile?

He's a great sitter, grabber (finger dexterity), and loves tummy time.

All in time I know.... but I see all these babies the same age who are WAY more advanced!!

Re: Almost 8 months, no interest in crawling... verly little in rolling.

• DS will roll from tummy to back almost immediately when put down, but rarely rolls from back to tummy.  He also is showing no interest in crawling.  He is the same as your LO where he sits like a champ and has great fine motor control.
  • My son is almost nine months and didn't roll until seven months the doctor said that he was just a very content child and he would roll if and when he wanted to we would encourage him all the time and he just woulden't do it. he was standing by himself at 6 months and has always hated his belly and i think that is why he never rolled because he knew where he would end up. he still doesn't crawl and i think he might just walk first. does your son like to stand? or show any interest in walking?
    PhotobucketBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imageGen & Joel:
    My son is almost nine months and didn't roll until seven months the doctor said that he was just a very content child and he would roll if and when he wanted to we would encourage him all the time and he just woulden't do it. he was standing by himself at 6 months and has always hated his belly and i think that is why he never rolled because he knew where he would end up. he still doesn't crawl and i think he might just walk first. does your son like to stand? or show any interest in walking?

He's got strong legs and loves to stand on us, and if we set him against something he'll stand for a limited time. So maybe he'll skip crawling for a long period and walk early? 

• Is he a bigger boy?  Luke is and didn't seem interested until rolling over until just at 7 months (as in, he'd never even done it.)  Now he rolls and just in the last few days has starting to sort of rock back and forth.  Like yours, he's been sitting for awhile (but can't get to a sitting position on his own) and is great at picking things up.  I keep telling myself that because he's bigger he has more that he has to pick up and move, so it might take longer.

image Laura & Jason Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagelafelts80:

Is he a bigger boy?  Luke is and didn't seem interested until rolling over until just at 7 months (as in, he'd never even done it.)  Now he rolls and just in the last few days has starting to sort of rock back and forth.  Like yours, he's been sitting for awhile (but can't get to a sitting position on his own) and is great at picking things up.  I keep telling myself that because he's bigger he has more that he has to pick up and move, so it might take longer.

Yeah he's a big boy. Especially beacuse he's heavy and has short legs and arms. Lately he's been lengthening though so hopefully that will help! Should be interesting to see what his measurements are at his 9 month appt.

• Not crawling here.  :::Points at ticker:::

Burke is getting closer but has just started recently showing interest in crawling, don't worry your LO will crawl when they are ready.

imageLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • DS is a master roller, but no interest in crawling. Until recently he had no interest in using his legs for standing either. He gets on his belly and kicks his legs like crazy and pushes up with his arms, but gets no where. He then gets frustrated that he can't get whatever it is that has caught his eye and decides to roll to it instead.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We have a peanut and he is great at standing and sitting... he can almost stand unassisted... he can roll from tummy to back like a champ only because he despises tummy time and he rolled from back to tummy once. I get worried that his upper body wont be strong but I try not to think of that anymore. I can't believe how many babies are crawling and on top of that some walking!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"