March 2011 Moms

Accuracy of Mayan gender prediction? You decide. (clicky)

I know how silly it sounds, but I was discussing this particular gender prediction technique with a friend yesterday and we put it to the test for everyone we know who is pregnant right now, or just had a baby, and it was completely accurate in each situation.  We were 6 for 6. 

I thought it would be fun for the March Mommies to put it to the test too, and see if it is more or less accurate for those of us who have found out baby's sex. 

Here is how it works:

The Mayans determined the sex of the baby by taking the mother?s age at conception, and the year of conception. If both are even or both are odd...it?s a girl. If one is even and one is odd?it?s a boy.

In my case:  year of conception is even and age is odd = boy.   Found out on Tuesday that baby is very much boy!

[Poll]

Re: Accuracy of Mayan gender prediction? You decide. (clicky)

• For DS, yes, it's accurate.  The baby I lost (a boy)...it was right.  For this one, I won't know for 3 more weeks...hmmmmm.     Theoretically it means I should have a boy again.  I guess we'll see.
    Loving life with DH, DS (5), DD and Angel Baby DS watching down from Heaven! We are excited to be trying for our final LO! Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • With DD, it was wrong - I was 21 in '06, and it was a girl.  This time around, it says it should be a girl ... we will see in 12 days!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Hmm...well according to this we should have another little girl on the way...I guess we'll see tomorrow!! Yay!

Pretty much I'm running 50/50 on all of these gender predicting methods...half say girl, half say boy! Haha imagine that when the chances ARE 50/50 it'll be one or the other! Hehe

Oh yeah...it was right for DD I was 24 when she was conceived in 2008.

• It's wrong for me. Literally everything pointed to boy, but it's a girl!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • It says boy but i wont know the answer till wednesday.  I'll get back to you.
  • It says girl for me.  EVERYTHING says girl for me, I'll find out in 3 weeks how accurate it all is :)
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • It is right for DD1 and DS, but not for DD2.  According to that prediction, this baby would be a girl.  We won't find out for a few more weeks.
    DD1 - 12.25.05
    (m/c 1.17.07, m/c 5.15.07)
    DS - 03.15.08
    DD2 - 12.03.09
    DD3 - 3.28.11
  • So I sat down and did the math on this and for me 2 of my pregnancies it was correct one of them it was not. My first I concieved I was 18 and it was 03; boy. 2nd correct one; my daughter I was concieved in 07 & I was 23; girl. My worng one.... my middle pregnancy, my son; I was 21 and I concieved in 07, both odd #s and boy....

But if by the math I should be having a girl this time, Im 26 and its 2010.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker m/c#1: 12-22-09 m/c#2: 5-22-11
  • Well it is starting to look about 50/50, so I guess any one of us to could be as accurate a predictor.  Just something fun to think about though!
  • Just another test that says boy for us.  DH's family has a lot of girls so we kinda expected that when we went into this but since the beginning I've been thinking boy so we shall see.  Our scan is 2 weeks from tomorrow.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I don't find out about my LO until the 27th, but for my GF who just had her son last night and was born in '84, it's wrong. So I'd say myth, and the poll results are almost 50/50, which is about the same as guessing. LOL
  • Ok.....so figure this one out: 

I conceived either the day before, or on my birthday - turning 32 - in 2010.

so....its kinda a crapshoot ;) LOL.... 

Guess we'll find out on Thursday!

• I won't know about my LO until March but for my mother (when she was pregnant with me) everything pointed to boy.  I'm obviously a girl, so it was all wrong.  The chinese gender predictor, this, family history, etc. all pointed to boy.  On the way to the hospital, two weeks late mind you, they finally thought they should pick a name "in case" I was a girl. 
    imageimage

"Beanie" Natural 7w MC 11/21/12

"Nole" stopped growing at 7w3d D&E 2/11/13

Diagnosed with MTHFR and Factor V Leiden on 4/3/13

Due with RAINBOW GIRL 2/10/15

• shobanashobana member
    hi,i am 31 by march 2014 and my due date is dec 2014.can you guess by gender?i conceived after my birthday in march.so do i need to take  completed age 31 or running age 32.. for mayan determination?guess my baby gender please?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"