Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Flu Shot while TTC?

Have you're doctors said anything about whether you should get a flu shot while TTC?   I know you're not supposed to get vaccinated while pregnant but havn't heard anything about TTC. 

Re: Flu Shot while TTC?

• Options
    I'll be getting mine later this month.  I'm sure it's totally safe if your TTC. 
    So happy for my BFPB Steff13914 and her new twins! Welcome to the world sweet babies:) Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    It is fine and recommended to get the flu shot while pregnant or TTC.

imageimage
    2 years, 2 surgeries, 2 clomid fails, 2 IUIs, 1 loss, IVF #1 - 10/25/10 = BFP!, DS is now 3.5yrs!
    TTC #2 - 6/12 surgery #3, FET #1 & 1.2 = BFN, 12/2012 FET #2 = BFP! DD is 1.5 yrs!
    Surprise! 12/16/14 BFP, loss #2 12/31/14

I can't wait for the "im getting a divorce" post in 5 years or so because your husbands were fed up with your disgusting chair asses from playing on the knot all day and getting fired 4-5 times for not doing any work. you guys are all winners!! ~ Laur929

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    You are supposed to get the Flu shot.  It is especially recommended for pregnant women.  My OB told me & DH to get it.  You just have to tell them that you're TTC so you get the shot, which is dead virus, instead of the nasal spray, which is live virus.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Married 1/2/99.
    TTC since 4/09.
    Diagnosed PCOS. Diagnosed Hypothryoid 11/09.
    SHG & SA normal. PCOS Research study started 5/10.
    Clomid/Femara cycle #1 - 6/10 = BFN
    Clomid/Femara cycle #2 - 7/10 = BFP #1 - Missed miscarriage 9/2/10
    11/12 - BFP #2 - 11/22 - m/c
    5/1/11 - BFP #3 - Pre-eclampsia, IUGR & bed rest from 32w. DD born via induction 1/4/12.
  • Options
    It's a must for me. Getting mine in a couple of weeks at work.
  • Options
    Yes, it is recommended. DH and I have already gotten ours, but we also get them every year.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I did a few days before my fertile window.  It's totally safe - I read about it.  And my mom had the flu when pg with me and said it was awful. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Thanks for asking this, because I was wondering the same thing.  I've never taken the flu shot before, and I've always been just fine.  I'd like to skip the shot again this year, but if it would be better for baby, then I would do it.  But at this point we are all TTC, and there may be no baby.  So I dunno!

Will doctors give flu shots to pregnant women?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageskittleblu:

Thanks for asking this, because I was wondering the same thing.  I've never taken the flu shot before, and I've always been just fine.  I'd like to skip the shot again this year, but if it would be better for baby, then I would do it.  But at this point we are all TTC, and there may be no baby.  So I dunno!

Will doctors give flu shots to pregnant women?

It is highly recommended that you get a flu shot while pregnant.

Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"