Multiples
Options

Any cons to the City Select? Select vs Mini

Debating between the two and I've heard great things about both of them. Are there any cons to the City Select?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Any cons to the City Select? Select vs Mini

• Options

I have the city select and I love it. But one thing that does bother me is that, when the stroller seats are in (as opposed to car seats), the baby in the front (meaning, furthest from me) can feel very low to the ground to me. When you test drive, see if the store will let you try it out on actual streets, and I think you'll see what I mean. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I'm not sure how you could really compare the two (especially if you've got twins).  The City Mini won't take 2 car seats since it's side-by-side and the seats can't face mom (only forward).  The City Mini has by far the best fold on the market but you lose a lot of features offered by the Select.

Cons for City Select?  It's bigger and costs more, but I'm not sure you can really compare the two...they're such different strollers.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I plan to get the City Select for the few 6-12 months and then get a Bumbleride Indie Twin for when they get older.  Now I see that your babies are a bit older so you could go with a side-by-side since you probably care less about car seat compatibility or the ability to turn the seats around.
  • Options

what she said re: not being able to compare... they are just very different.

If i could only have one- i'd want the select- b/c if i could only have one stroller I'd want a tandem and not a SBS --- for what I do with a stroller i need a tandem more than a SBS (shopping, doc offices, etc)... spaces are so tight and often can't get around at all in places with SBS's.

the select has tons of options - which makes it awesome.  The mini is a great stroller for what it is.... but it doesn't do 1/2 of what the select can do.

i have no issues with the front seat being low to the ground.  The only "issues" with the select are things you simply can't avoid having a tandem in the footprint of a single - that the back seat child can kick the front seat child (my kids do it but neither of my kids cares).

I'm able to switch it to a single super fast- if i'm only taking one to the doc, etc.... able to add on a hitch hiker board for DS1 to ride on- so all 3 of mine can ride on that stroller.... it fits through the racks at Ann Taylor easily- which I can't do with  my SBS strollers.... and that is important! :)

I'd buy the Select new and then get a Mini used on CL to save money personally.... though, I'd rather have a SBS that is an all terrain with big wheels - which I do have, the Valco Trimode Twin.

• Options

imagebrill2b:
    I plan to get the City Select for the few 6-12 months and then get a Bumbleride Indie Twin for when they get older.  Now I see that your babies are a bit older so you could go with a side-by-side since you probably care less about car seat compatibility or the ability to turn the seats around.

forgot to mention - the select is not just great for younger babies. my boys are 16mo almost and i LOVE the select for them--- b/c it's such a small (short) tandem --- much different ride/capability than any SBS.  It's great to have a SBS for some things- but others better for tandem. I'm all about choices :)

• Options

I really like my Select, but there are some cons.  When both seats are facing forward, the back seat has NO leg room. Like, at all.  It's OK for my 5 month olds, but I don't foresee it being big enough for kicking toddlers. That's just the price you pay to have a double stroller with a single stroller's footprint.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"