3rd Trimester

Repeat c-section mamas

If you are having a repeat c/s, does your OB do internal checks on you (or will your OB do it when you are further along)? If so, when do/will they start? I keep expecting an internal at every visit but so far nothing, which I am definitely happy about but a part of me is curious to know if I am dilated/effaced at all. Thanks!
Abigail Noelle, 8.29.09
Brady Phoenix, 8.29.09
Claire Zoe, 10.26.10

Re: Repeat c-section mamas

• Not for me so far, and my last appointment is next Monday.  It makes the Dr. visits  very routine (a little boring!)
  • Mine doesn't, he says there is not a reason to possibly enter bacteria and possibly start something else up there.
  • Loading the player...
  • I asked my doc about it, and he said no.  However, H is going out of town in two weeks, and he will be about five hours away for a week.  So, the doc is going to do one internal at that point, just to see how I check out and to hopefully provide some (maybe false) piece of mind to both of us.
  • Oh that is very helpful, thank you ladies!
    Abigail Noelle, 8.29.09
    Brady Phoenix, 8.29.09
    Claire Zoe, 10.26.10

• My Dr. said since they don't have to worry about how far along I am-dilatation wise, they don't check. 

He said we could always check if I wanted to.   I told him "No thanks!" 

Towards the end with my first son it was TORTURE.  That stuff gets swollen down there!

Yeah...my pics were so old. I got 3 kids. Nuff said. :)
  • At first I was being told by the nurse that I would get them, but my OB clarified that I was  repeat c-section. So that means no internals for me. I am very happy about that.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My dr still does them, I'll get it done next week. It's mainly to do the strep B test just in case for some reason I deliver vaginally in an ambulance or something like that type of situation. 
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I'm not far enough along to know yet, but I don't see why they would bother doing them if you're having a scheduled  c section.  At my office, they are optional, and I am certainly going to decline to have them done.  They're not very pleasant, you know?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • none for me so far.. she did ask me if i wanted her to check 2 appts ago and I looked at her like she was crazy lol ouch! i asked her last time and she said no there will be no internals unless god forbid I have issues. I would like to know if she is head down or breech though..
    DD 11/5/10 born by c section DS 9/8/07 born by c section due to Pre-e/Hellp Syndrome m/c at 5 1/2 weeks 8/4/06 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker
  • I only have one appointment left and they have not done one.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Nope not for me unless i think I have a infection. She should start doing them because even though I have to have a repeat C-section I could still go into labor and she wants to prevent that at all cost. To dangerous.

I am sure she just thinks that you aren't going to go into labor before your date. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"