Trouble TTC

Ovidrel IUI timing?

So i am about to have my IUI here in a little bit and I took the trigger shot 36 hours ago. Last night about 24 hours after the shot I had tons of EWCM and some spotting which in my experience means that I ovulated. So are we too late? I have already dried back up again so I am afraid that we have missed our window of opportunity and really don't want to spend all this money for nothing! Thanks
Round 1 July 2010... 50mg Clomid + Ovidrel Injection + IUI (7/22) = Failed Round 2 Aug 2010.. 100mg Clomid + Ovidrel Injection + IUI = canceled due to cysts Began Acupuncture Aug and Sept during break cycles Round 3 Oct 2010.. 2.5mg Femara + Ovidrel Injection +IUI = BFN Round 4 Oct 2010..2.5mg Femara+ Ovidrel + IUI = BFN ****IVF #1 JULY 2011, 10 Frozen, awaiting FET****** IAmPregnant Ticker

Re: Ovidrel IUI timing?

• No, you should be fine :)  My RE told me that unless you are having an LH surge on your own, when they give you the Ovidrel you will ovulate more than 36 hours after the shot.  That is why they do an egg retrieval for IVF at around 36 hours after the shot because they know the eggs will still be in the follicles.  He said it is more like 40-48 hours after the shot that you will actually ovulate.  And the eggs live for about 12 hours after they are released as well.

Good luck!!!  We are cycle buddies - I go for my IUI in about an hour. 

TTC #1 Since 9/09
    Dx - Stage IV Endo
    7/6/10 : Clomid 50mg + Ovidrel + b2b IUI + Crinone = BFN
    8/4/10 : Clomid 50mg + Ovidrel + b2b IUI + Crinone = BFN
    8/31/10 : Clomid 50mg + Ovidrel + IUI + Crinone = BFN
    9/28/10 : 75 IU Gonal F (Days 3-9) + Ovidrel + IUI + Crinone = BFN
    10/24/10: 75 IU Gonal F (Days 3-10) + Ovidrel + IUI + Crinone = BFN
    11/20/10: 150 IU Gonal F (Days 3-7) + Ovidrel + IUI + Crinone = BFN
    January 2011: Laparoscopy found Stage IV Endo
    March 2011: Second Lap to remove Endo
    Moving on to IVF August/September 2011
    ~SAIF/PAIF always welcome~
  • While most people ovulate ~36 - 40 hours after trigger, it is possible to ovulate earlier or later than that. It's happened to me (proven via u/s at the RE). As pp said, the good news is egg(s) can live for up to 12 hours after ovulation, so don't worry too much.

Best of luck to you.

4 Clomid cycles + 3 IUIs w/ injectables + 1 IVF = 1 m/c, 1 ectopic
    FET May 2011 = BFP! Beta 1 (8dp5dt): 336, Beta 2 (12dp5dt): 2033, Beta 3 (14dp5dt): 4706

? So thankful for our little guys, born at 33 weeks. ?
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Looks like there are a few of us on the same cycle! I triggered last night at 9pm, and I have my IUI tomorrow morning. Good luck to all of us!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

After 3 failed Clomid+TI cycles, DD was conceived with IUI#1

TTC #2

Clomid 50 mg + IUI#1  = BFP, m/c and D&C at 7w1d

Clomid 50mg + IUI#2 = BFN

Clomid 100mg + IUI#3 = BFN

Lupron + Follistim + IVF#1 = 11ER, 10M, 10F, ET of 1 expanded BBA 5-day blast, 2 Frosties. BFP! Beta 10/13 = 264! Beta 10/15 = 702! EDD 6/21/14

• Good luck ladies! DH and I are going to have sex today for good measure, we had our IUI yesterday. Does anyone know if the trigger will affect your temps? I didn't ask the doctor about that. I planned to continue temping during my 2ww. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thanks ladies! yea i asked my RE right before the IUI and he went on about all that EWCM being from a drop in estrogen from the shot or something with fluctuation of hormones.so Looks all good so far. Good luck to all my cycle buddies!!!! 
    Round 1 July 2010... 50mg Clomid + Ovidrel Injection + IUI (7/22) = Failed Round 2 Aug 2010.. 100mg Clomid + Ovidrel Injection + IUI = canceled due to cysts Began Acupuncture Aug and Sept during break cycles Round 3 Oct 2010.. 2.5mg Femara + Ovidrel Injection +IUI = BFN Round 4 Oct 2010..2.5mg Femara+ Ovidrel + IUI = BFN ****IVF #1 JULY 2011, 10 Frozen, awaiting FET****** IAmPregnant Ticker
  • You should be good.  GL!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Good luck!! I just had my IUI yesterday morning. I was freaked out about the timing-I was worried that I acutally ovulated late. Why can't it ever be easy!!

Hope your 2ww goes by fast!!

TTC #1 since 7/09
    Dx: LPD, underdeveloped follicles, blocked left tube
    3 C/P, 1 BO, 1 Ectopic
    IVF#1=BFN (3/11)
    FET#1=BFP
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"