Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Blues?

I know it's common to get "the blues" after giving birth - but how soon, and to what extent? I've been crying on and off since around 6pm tonight over everything and nothing - going back to work in five weeks, a rerun of Undercover Boss, the chicken being a little too dry from the crock pot. These are huge cries too, not just whimpering or silent tears. I am getting plenty of sleep thanks to a pretty content LO and DH being laid off so I can nap during the day when needed, so I know it's not that.

Should I see if this eventually goes away on its own or talk to a doctor about it? I do have clinical depression, and am already on meds for this. However, I've been doing *great* through the pregnancy and this time after having LO.

Re: Blues?

• Sounds like the blues to me. I was the same way for 2 or 3 weeks postpartum. But with already being diagnosed as clinically depressed, I would keep an eye on it. Definitely mention it to whoever gave you that Dx.
    Batman likes to watch cartoons on the weekends. Whatever.

"I'll gladly take cold sores over eye herpes" -ElieFin
    "Unicorn glitter gives me UTIs." -Leila'sMommy
  • image PubStar09:
    Sounds like the blues to me. I was the same way for 2 or 3 weeks postpartum. But with already being diagnosed as clinically depressed, I would keep an eye on it. Definitely mention it to whoever gave you that Dx.

This. The crying seems normal to me, but with your history, I would keep a closer eye on it. Please tell your doctor so that there's some monitoring going on.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image PubStar09:
    Sounds like the blues to me. I was the same way for 2 or 3 weeks postpartum. But with already being diagnosed as clinically depressed, I would keep an eye on it. Definitely mention it to whoever gave you that Dx.

This.  I was the same way for at least 2 weeks pp.  I even find myself crying for no reason 8 weeks later, just on rare occasions.  It takes a long time for our hormones to get back to their previous level.  But, like pp said, I would mention it to your doctor.

DS born 8/2010

Natural M/C 10/5/11 at 10w5d

DD born 6/2013

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards