3rd Trimester

WORST THING EVER heard on radio this AM (EW)

So the DJ's were talking about how Tony Curtis was buried with a bunch of things in Vegas, and they asked listeners to call in and say what they would want to be buried with.

One woman called in and said she would want to be buried with the creamated remains of her 3 cats, but only if they died before her. Okay, not so horrible. She then went on to say "...and, you're totally going to think this is crazy, but whenever they shed their whiskers, I pick them up and save them in a little tin..." and I immediately turned off the radio and had a full body shudder.

EW. CRAZY cat lady with a tin of whiskers. EW.

Even the upper crust can make a typeos.

Re: WORST THING EVER heard on radio this AM (EW)

• Eww... totally creepy.  I'm not a cat person.  I would never consider keeping my dog's whiskers.  I also wonder how the hell she would have found them. 
    image image

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • image sylwill:
    image heckysue:

Ick.

LOL at Wife...let's see how long it takes for a cat person to tell you off!  But definitely a dog person here!

You know if a pet owner dies, a dog will starve to death next to the body but a cat will start eating you.

I believe that. That's why I own a dog ... lol

this made me cackle!!!

There is a big difference between "cat people" and people who have a cat...

• ewwwww so gross and creepy!
  • I don't particularly know what it's about with my husband and cats. He hated staying home alone with our previous cat because he said she would always have an evil squinty look on her face when she looked at him. You know that glare they get when they are napping.He would even put her away when he wanted to take a nap. I told him she looks at him with the squint because she is sleeping and is comfortable with him. He wasn't buying it. I still miss her because she was a fat gray tiger stripped cuddly tabby and now lives on my parents farm..I clearly wasn't obsessed.
  • image CopperT0p:
    Eww... totally creepy.  I'm not a cat person.  I would never consider keeping my dog's whiskers.  I also wonder how the hell she would have found them. 

Haha this.

I have two cats and have never "found" a whisker.

I actually had no idea they shed them.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have had cats my whole life , that being said , I have NEVER seen cat whiskers just hanging out on the floor . How would you see that ??? We have four cats and there are days when I dont even see two of them , how in gods name would she be able to walk around picking up cat whiskers ??Gross!
  • I have two cats and we joke that DH and I are a crazy cat couple but EEEWWWW.  Whenever I find my cats whiskers it creeps me out.  I will usually vacuum them up.  The thought of saving them is mind boggling.  I bet that lady gets her own Hoarders episode.

Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• I'm a cat person and I've found wiskers from time to time. I put them in a special place too.... the freaking garbage can. WTF. That is effing weird.
  • Ew, I hate cats.

I get teased because I won't let cats anywhere near me. Bury me with cat remains and I'll haunt you forever.

• image heckysue:
    image sylwill:
    image heckysue:

Ick.

LOL at Wife...let's see how long it takes for a cat person to tell you off!  But definitely a dog person here!

You know if a pet owner dies, a dog will starve to death next to the body but a cat will start eating you.

LOL...I am definitely more of a dog person but DH is a true cat-hater.  He has mentioned this more than once!

That is because dogs are stupid.  They can't do anything without people.  A dog loves you because it has to, it can't survive without you.  If a cat loves you, it truly love you because it has a choice.  If it doesn't like you, it goes and does it's own thing to heck with you!  lol 

VOTE on my Name Listimage
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • What the F...that's weird. I never knew cats shed their whiskers either until we found one on the floor from our cat. I thought there was something wrong with her, DH rolled his eyes, took it and threw it out.

I wonder if she saves claw clippings too.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Vacation

• image wife1014:
    image sylwill:
    image heckysue:

Ick.

this made me cackle!!!

There is a big difference between "cat people" and people who have a cat...

We may have dogs and cats - but I am a dog person! Just because you have cat(s) doesn't make you a cat person! "Cat People" are creepy!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • O.M.G.

What is wrong with people?

imageimage

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • image ChrissieW3:

image CopperT0p:
    Eww... totally creepy.  I'm not a cat person.  I would never consider keeping my dog's whiskers.  I also wonder how the hell she would have found them. 

Haha this.

I have two cats and have never "found" a whisker.

I actually had no idea they shed them.

I've never seen a shed cat whisker either! And FYI- dogs WILL eat you... I've seen pictures... Now THAT'S gross!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I am a dog person but I have heard of some dog people saving their puppies teeth when they fall out. Which IMO is just as gross as saving a cats whiskers.
  • That is disgusting.  I am totally a dog person and LOVE my doxies, however, I would never keep anything that shed from them.  That is gross.  And I agree with Hecky's DH, people who don't like dogs creep me out a little.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Aww I always go "awwww" when I pick up my dog's fallen out whiskers. I wouldn't save them though, I think that is kind of weird.

I do save the baby teeth of my foster puppies and give those to their adoptive moms, which I don't think is weird. They can throw them out if they want, but most seem appreciative. 

I would consider being buried with my dog's ashes. We're tight like that. 

• ok just plain wierd...sounds like a serious case of "hoarder" to me...lol...i just watched a hoarders episode not to long ago about a woman who had a total of 58 cats!!!! And she didn't even know she had that many cuz her house was burried in boxes and junk, after they started cleaning out the rooms, they found dead cat and kitten remains! GGGRRROOOSSS! Maybe this is her long lost relative or something lol...i have a cat and shes the sweetest little thing but i would never save anything that shed off of her...thats just plain creepy...
  • image Jllacombe:
    ok just plain wierd...sounds like a serious case of "hoarder" to me...lol...i just watched a hoarders episode not to long ago about a woman who had a total of 58 cats!!!! And she didn't even know she had that many cuz her house was burried in boxes and junk, after they started cleaning out the rooms, they found dead cat and kitten remains! GGGRRROOOSSS! Maybe this is her long lost relative or something lol...i have a cat and shes the sweetest little thing but i would never save anything that shed off of her...thats just plain creepy...

Hmm

The people who are exploited on Hoarders have some serious mental health issues. It's not really something you make fun of. 

I think it's extremely sad that you callously say "GROOOOSSSS" about people finding dead animals in the hoarder's house. I find that incredibly sad.  Not only for the neglected cats, but for the woman's disturbed mental state.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards