1st Trimester

what do you say?

What do you tell people that do the unwanted belly touching? I work as a relationship manager in finance and have a lot ot clients.I don't want to be rude for obvious reasons. Help

Re: what do you say?

• Touch them back. See how it makes them feel. If they ask, respond "Oh, I though we were at a point in our realtionship where would could just put our hands all over each other without asking."

"People seem to couple an inordinate amount of stupidity with extreme laziness." ~ A wise interwebz friend.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• just say, nicely, "please don't touch my belly, it makes me uncomfortable." when this starts happening to me, i intend to be very blunt.  if you wouldn't rub my belly before i was pregnant, you don't need to be doing it now.  i have no problem being rude :) (but i understand your not wanting to offend anyone)

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • image kdodge423:

Touch them back. See how it makes them feel. If they ask, respond "Oh, I though we were at a point in our realtionship where would could just put our hands all over each other without asking."

I like that
  • image p1nklemonade:
    just say, nicely, "please don't touch my belly, it makes me uncomfortable." when this starts happening to me, i intend to be very blunt.  if you wouldn't rub my belly before i was pregnant, you don't need to be doing it now.  i have no problem being rude :) (but i understand your not wanting to offend anyone)
    I agree wi you. I guess if they didn't want to offend anyone they would at least ask before putting there hand on the belly out of respect. So being forward might be a good thing since they are.