2nd Trimester

Bellybutton Bummer

Ok ladies...this is by no means a crucial issue, however I'm just curious how many are, or have been, in the same boat as me. I havehad a bellybutton piercing since I was sixteen. Nine years later and at 17 weeks my bellybutton is fast approaching "Outie" status and my bellybutton ring is working overtime. I'm planning on taking it out soon, but was wondering if anyone else has experienced this and if your piercing was salvagable after giving birth.

Re: Bellybutton Bummer

• They make rubber place holders for piercings during pregnancy.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I had an 8 gauge belly piercing and it started giving me issues around 23 weeks or so.  I bought a pregnancy piercing and have had no issues since.  There's lots of room  with it.  The only thing is that I'll have to re-stretch my piercing afterwards if I want to go 8g again, but at least I won't lose the hole altogether.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

BFP #1 ~ 1/26/2010 ~ MMC @ 6w6d discovered @ 11w3d ~ D&C 3/16/10
    BFP #2 ~ 4/22/2010 ~ EDD 12/29/2010 ~ Born 12/19/2010 ~ My Rainbow Baby
    BFP #3 ~ 6/10/2012 ~ EDD 2/20/2013 ~ HB 100bpm @ 9w3d ~ M/C 7/11/2012
    BFP #4 ~ 3/16/2013 ~ EDD 11/20/2013 ~ Born 11/17/2013 ~ Rainbow Baby #2
  • Loading the player...
  • I took mine out with my first and it was a hot mess after all was said and done.  I was able to still put a ring in it but it just looked sad and droopy haha.  I would do like PP stated and get the maternity ring.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I am just over 20 weeks and I still have me regular barbell in and haven?t had any problems with it yet other then it was a little sensitive during my "big" ultrasound when the tech kept hitting it. I have a flexible maternity barbell that I will switch over to when the time comes. I am a little worried about how it will look after I deliver, but I will deal with that then.  

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers image
  • I took mine out at the end of my first tri and decided not to put it back in after delivery.  I'm too afraid of how sad it's going to look when all is said and done.

waiting on our little monster

<a href="http://s10.photobucket.com/albums/a103/mrsoh/?action=view
  • Eh, it was a little emotional for me but I took mine out and will probably leave it out.  It was time to say goodbye to the 18 year old trapped inside.  :)  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I just got my flexible one in the mail yesterday. Will put it in soon.  It was less than $4 for it and shipping.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"