Military Families

DH hasn't even been gone for a month...

And I already have plans for when he gets home.

1.  Give him a kiss.
2. Give him the baby.
3. Check into a hotel ALONE and sleep for 48 hours straight.  I fantasize about this everrrrry day.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: DH hasn't even been gone for a month...

• Hasn't ever been gone for a month period or hasn't been gone for a month since the baby? We planned our pregnancy around his deployment so I was pregnant during his deployment and he was home for the birth but the first extensive underway since the baby was very different from before. Although a little crazy at times I didnt feel as alone as I did before while he was gone. It was much more comforting having her there with me than being by myself. I can't wait for him to be home and we can go do things together. and of course for him to take baby and change a stinkin diaper. haha
  • Hasn't he ever been gone for a month period or hasn't been gone for a month since the baby? We planned our pregnancy around his deployment so I was pregnant during his deployment and he was home for the birth but the first extensive underway since the baby was very different from before. Although a little crazy at times I didnt feel as alone as I did before while he was gone. It was much more comforting having her there with me than being by myself. I can't wait for him to be home and we can go do things together. and of course for him to take baby and change a stinkin diaper. haha
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm in VA Beach too! DH leaves for a short trip next week and deployment in January. I'm trying to savor every minute with him before then, but he works all freaking day. AHH!
  • ... I meant he isn't even a month into this deployment.  He's only been gone 3 weeks but we have 6 months to go!  I totally agree that I'm no where near as lonely now as I was when we were apart before, but I'm definitely more tired!  I'm in the Navy, too so with a full time job, the baby, the dog, the housework and two college courses I'm losing my mind!
  • imagedannafofanna:

1.  Give him a kiss.
    2. Give him the baby.
    3. Check into a hotel ALONE and sleep for 48 hours straight.  I fantasize about this everrrrry day.

That sounds amazing!!!!

• imagedannafofanna:

1.  Give him a kiss.
    2. Give him the baby.

Oh boy do I feel you on that one!  During my husband's last deployment I would mention this exact plan to him every once in a while lol.  He's gone right now on a small det and he called tonight and DS was SCREAMING in the background.  I told him how fun it is when DS decides to have his temper tantrums when it is just me and nobody to share the stress.  DH said, "I know."  I replied, "honey, you know I love you and I say this with love in my heart but you do not know because you've never been the one home alone with the baby for more than one evening at a time."

• Hey ladies I am in V.beach too!! Don't forget... you might want to wait a week before you ditch him for the hotel, At least let his internal clock get switched back :-)~

Other than that HOTEL = Awesome idea!

• imagedesmerelda317:
    imagedannafofanna:

1.  Give him a kiss.
    2. Give him the baby.

Oh boy do I feel you on that one!  During my husband's last deployment I would mention this exact plan to him every once in a while lol.  He's gone right now on a small det and he called tonight and DS was SCREAMING in the background.  I told him how fun it is when DS decides to have his temper tantrums when it is just me and nobody to share the stress.  DH said, "I know."  I replied, "honey, you know I love you and I say this with love in my heart but you do not know because you've never been the one home alone with the baby for more than one evening at a time."

Sounds like something I've told DH.  He deployed when I was 37 weeks pregnant and came home on Emergency Leave after DS was born because he almost died.  2 weeks he was in the NICU and we spent about a week at home before he went back to Afghan.  He was alone with DS for about an hour at most while I was upstairs sleeping.  Latley nightime has been HELL.  Pure HELL.  The other night he called when he was screaming murder and I said this is getting so old and its so stressfull to do this everynight.  He said "I know" and I pretty much said what you said. 

He's coming home in days and I told him I'm running away and sleeping.  :)

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"