2nd Trimester

I am just curious what the chances are.

I really have NO reason to be worried about a miscarriage but this is my first and just want to make sure everything is okay, and what everyones personal experience is! I had an appointment on Monday and I was 16w pregnant. The doctor found the HB and it was 163bpm. I was wondering if the chance of miscarriage is still possible? I don't know why but its all I worry about and its annoying! I am sure everything is okay, i just want to ease my mind!

Re: I am just curious what the chances are.

• A chance of miscarriage or fetal death is always possible during pregnancy. I don't have stats but I know the chances dramatically decrease once the heart is beating and again when you hit 12 weeks.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • What she said. =)

Try not to worry about it. The chances are pretty small, but things can still happen. GL!!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    September 2015 Siggy Challenge - Happy Dance
  • Loading the player...
  • I learned today in my amnio info class that every single woman, regardless of age, race, eye color, having six toes, preferred sexual position... whatever... has a 2.5% chance of spontaneous miscarriage/still birth at ANY stage of pregnancy. There's always a chance unfortunately but you just have to think about this:

You have a 97.5% chance that everything will be okay.

Considering your chances of miscarrying during the first trimester are 1:3 according to the guy in the ER when I miscarried, I don't mind those odds. It sounds like everything is going well so far and like you said you have no reason to worry about it.

ETA: HAHAHA I tried to bold that middle part and was given beer mugs. OOPS. Awkward... >.>

Phoenix - August 19, 2006
    Avery - March 16, 2011

Things to avoid during pregnancy: Eye contact with cats. Cats will suck the burgeoning life right out of you, using their infamous feline mind-powers. Avert your eyes, and move along.

FACT: 1 in 10 people are said to be a carrier of Listeria. Therefore you should avoid all shopping malls, grocery stores and busy street corners for the duration of your pregnancy. Or microwave anyone you contact until steaming, just to be safe.
  • I miscarried my first pregnancy in April at 11 1/2 weeks. The doctor said things like that can just happen and no known reason for why, but he said it shouldn't happen again next time, and so far he is right. :) I am feeling very good about this pregnancy since I've made it this far, but there is still some worry and will be my entire pregnancy.
  • imageHyfagal:
    A chance of miscarriage or fetal death is always possible during pregnancy. I don't have stats but I know the chances dramatically decrease once the heart is beating and again when you hit 12 weeks.

this

• It is always a little scary during pregnancy. Since you have to face the unknown the first time around it's even scary. Take a deep breath and try to remember that the chances get less and less as you get farther and farther into the pregnancy.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • My first pregnancy I had a MC at 8 weeks. This time I have made it to 18! I am constantly worried too, but felt reassured that after the 16 week appointment the chances go way down to 3%.

I do not recommend watching that NICU show that's on now, unless you want to freak yourself out!

My aunt gave me some advice (that I try to follow)

"don't worry about anything until you have to"

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"