Northern California Babies

Hey Sacramento gals

We are doing a weekend away with out the child and heading to Sac. So any recomendations on things we must check out or good Mexican restuarants or anything? We are thinking of Old Town and not sure where else, Sutters fort, California history museum or ??

Kristin

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

bfp 1/13/2010 miscarriage 1/26/2010

BFP 5/4/2010 missed miscarriage d&c 6/9/2010

IUI#1 10/11/2010 BFN

IUI#2 12/6/2010 BFN

IUI#3 1/10/11 BFN

Break for a month and then aggressive IUI

2/22/2011 beginning of IUI 4

iui 4 cancelled 2/28 due to ovulation on my own (so we actually had to have sex!)now lets wait and see on 3/14, wish me luck!! 3/13 BFN

waiting for bloodwork results and such and have cysts March 2011

FSH high at 10.9 and low AMH is result of bloodwork

IUI 4 (again) 4/27/11, please work! 5/13/2011 BFN!!!

IVF cycle in July 2011 turned into IUI on 7/19- wish us luck

8/1 HPT negative- trying to figure out what is next if anything

10/18/11 on to IVF attempt 1.5 see if we can get to ER

2/2012 on to IVF attempt 2? so far progressing well

2/25/12 ER and 11retreived, 2embryos, they did not grow, my eggs are no good, finally closure on this chapter

Transferred one 1 via IVF on 10/21 and BFP on 10/30

miscarriage at 6weeks Nov 19 2012

Re: Hey Sacramento gals

• If you're here after 10/10, the new Crocker Art Museum will be open.  I'm excited to see it myself :) 

http://www.crockerartmuseum.org/

I don't know great Mexican, but Thai Basil is a great Thai restaurant on  J Street.

Have fun! 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • This weekend, Saturday afternoon to sunday.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

bfp 1/13/2010 miscarriage 1/26/2010

BFP 5/4/2010 missed miscarriage d&c 6/9/2010

IUI#1 10/11/2010 BFN

IUI#2 12/6/2010 BFN

IUI#3 1/10/11 BFN

Break for a month and then aggressive IUI

2/22/2011 beginning of IUI 4

iui 4 cancelled 2/28 due to ovulation on my own (so we actually had to have sex!)now lets wait and see on 3/14, wish me luck!! 3/13 BFN

waiting for bloodwork results and such and have cysts March 2011

FSH high at 10.9 and low AMH is result of bloodwork

IUI 4 (again) 4/27/11, please work! 5/13/2011 BFN!!!

IVF cycle in July 2011 turned into IUI on 7/19- wish us luck

8/1 HPT negative- trying to figure out what is next if anything

10/18/11 on to IVF attempt 1.5 see if we can get to ER

2/2012 on to IVF attempt 2? so far progressing well

2/25/12 ER and 11retreived, 2embryos, they did not grow, my eggs are no good, finally closure on this chapter

Transferred one 1 via IVF on 10/21 and BFP on 10/30

miscarriage at 6weeks Nov 19 2012
  • Hey!  Sorry I didn't respond to you on fb, I've been meaning to!

Old Sac is fun, touristy though, I wouldn't eat there, it's overpriced and not fantastic.  There's a fun bar there called Fanny Anns that has good reasonably priced burgers for lunch or whatever, and/or you can also get a drink out on the patio of one of the restaurants by the river and overlook the river and Tower Bridge.

For Mexican, my fave in Sac is Ernestos (I think it's 16th and S).  Super fun place.  There also Zacolo on 17th and Capitol but I don't like it as well as I do Ernestos.  For good live music and drinks in the evening check out the Torch Club (divey but fun) on 15th between I and J.  Awesome place and would be my choice for a date night!

There's also a really cool coffeeshop/bakery called Old Soul in the alley that goes down the middle of the block bewteen Capitol, L Street, 17th, and 18th.  It's a big wherehouse with couches and tables and they bake pastires and roast the coffee right there in front of you.  Very "slow food" Sacramento foodie crowd, love hanging out there on weekend mornings!  In fact, I may be there on Sunday!

Have so much fun and give us a full report!!

H ;) 

The Boy Wonder 8/23/06 & The Famous Baby 6/1/10
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • image kbrodie06:
    This weekend, Saturday afternoon to sunday.

Oh, sorry!  I wasn't sure if you were planning for a weekend away in a few weeks or something.  Glad Heather has given some great ideas, have a great time!!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I have no advice - I rarely if ever go into Sac.  If it's a kid-included weekend, be sure to check out the train museum in old town. And of course Fairytale town and/or the zoo.
    Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • Mmm...I agree, Zocolos or Ernestos for dinner.
  • Zocolos is my fav Mexican, its a little 'fancy' and can be a scene, but its super fun, and the margs are out of control!!

If you're looking for yummy, fun cocktails, check out Scandal Bar in the Citizen Hotel, yummy!

Old Town is cool, and John and i actually really enjoyed the CA History Museum in Old Town, but we're nerds :) Also, on Sunday morning you can go see Stef in her first half marathon in Land Park!

IMG_1313.jpg IMG_1351.jpg
    ERD 01.16.11

Surviving postpartum depression & OCD one day at a time.
    Also experienced antenatal OCD.
    Feel free to ask me questions about my experience.
  • I echo the Ernesto's recommendation for Mexican. So yummy. There's also a Mexican restaurant in Old Sac that I really like. I think it's called La Terraza or something (I just know it means the terrace in Spanish, lol). You could always head down to Clarksburg for some wine tasting at the Old Sugar Mill and at Bogle (I know it's not techincally in Sac, but it's a nice drive and only about 20 minutes from downtown.
  • Mexican- Zocolos or Ernestos

Sushi- Mikuni

Breakfast/lunch: Crepeville

Dessert: Rick's Dessert Diner 

Favorite places to go dancing: The Park, Faces 

Favorite Museums: Crocker,  Railroad, Capital.

ETA: This weekend is the 13th annual Sac Arts Festival 

http://www.newsreview.com/sacramento/13th_annual_sacramento_arts_festival/local/Calendar?oid=1764910

Have fun!!!!