DH and I are pretty certain that I am going to be able to be a SAHM with our LO. Since we are not 100% sure (we want to make sure all our finances are in order), I'm torn as to what to do about my current employer and maternity leave compensation. If I tell my employer I am not coming back, do I still get maternity leave? Or, do I go out on leave, and then tell my employer sometime during the 12 weeks that I'm planning on being out that I'm not coming back? Or, do I go out for my 12 weeks, come back to work, give a 2 week notice, and then leave? I'm really perplexed by this and have spent a lot of time thinking about it! I absolutely love the people that I work with and the last thing I want to do is burn any bridges, especially in the event that one day I decide I want to come back to work. I also don't want to discuss this with anyone at work yet because I don't want to put myself in a compromising situation. And...at the same time, I want to make sure I receive compensation for the 6 weeks my company offers for maternity leave. Just wanted to see if anyone else faced something like this before and how you went about it. This is my first child so I have no experience with maternity leave. Thanks in advance!!