Trying to Get Pregnant

+ OPK but only high CBFM

Huh. I received a positive OPK (CBE smilely face) this morning but my CBFM only read "high" (sixth day in a row). I was really expecting a "peak" reading.

If both the OPK and monitor detect LH, how can the OPK be positive and the monitor only  read "high"?

I know that the monitor reads both estrogen and LH but I still think I should be getting a peak reading if the OPK is positive, right??

I'm confused. Does anyone have any experience with this? This is my first month using the CBFM.

Re: + OPK but only high CBFM

• I am in the same boat.  Yesterday I received a high reading and my afternoon OPK is getting close, but was negative, this morning I was shocked to get a Peak and I took an IC and it is still getting close.  I poured out my pee before being able to confirm with a digi, so I am going to do the digi with the afternoon IC.  I'm not sure what this means. I do know Peak is waaaaay earlier than normal, so I am just going to have to keep going, I guess and see what the digi and IC say this afternoon. 
    My Little
  • That's really weird, but I'd be getting busy anyways. =)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I haven't been using OPKs, but I still temp along with the CBFM.  I've used the monitor for the last 4 cycles.  I've found it to be pretty accurate.  I have usually gotten 2 peak days and a temp rise on the day after the 2nd peak reading.  But I also had a cycle where the monitor completely missed my LH surge and I only got high readings - my temps confirmed that I did O.  I've read in several places online that many women won't get a peak reading their first cycle using it.  Perhaps that's the case here.  HTH!  Good luck!

Happily Married since 7/2006
    DC #1 10/2008 TTC #2 since 1/2010
    Natural miscarriage @ 5w3d 1/2011 Chemical pregnancy 4/2011
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageMrsosh:

I haven't been using OPKs, but I still temp along with the CBFM.  I've used the monitor for the last 4 cycles.  I've found it to be pretty accurate.  I have usually gotten 2 peak days and a temp rise on the day after the 2nd peak reading.  But I also had a cycle where the monitor completely missed my LH surge and I only got high readings - my temps confirmed that I did O.  I've read in several places online that many women won't get a peak reading their first cycle using it.  Perhaps that's the case here.  HTH!  Good luck!

This is helpful. I will have to wait and see what my temps do over the next few days.

• imageMySweetBaboo:
    I am in the same boat.  Yesterday I received a high reading and my afternoon OPK is getting close, but was negative, this morning I was shocked to get a Peak and I took an IC and it is still getting close.  I poured out my pee before being able to confirm with a digi, so I am going to do the digi with the afternoon IC.  I'm not sure what this means. I do know Peak is waaaaay earlier than normal, so I am just going to have to keep going, I guess and see what the digi and IC say this afternoon. 

Frustrating, right?! Msosh's post below made me feel a bit better though. 

• image_Brianna_H:

imageMySweetBaboo:
    I am in the same boat.  Yesterday I received a high reading and my afternoon OPK is getting close, but was negative, this morning I was shocked to get a Peak and I took an IC and it is still getting close.  I poured out my pee before being able to confirm with a digi, so I am going to do the digi with the afternoon IC.  I'm not sure what this means. I do know Peak is waaaaay earlier than normal, so I am just going to have to keep going, I guess and see what the digi and IC say this afternoon. 

Frustrating, right?! Msosh's post below made me feel a bit better though. 

I got a +opk this afternoon on an IC and confirmed and got a smiley on the CBE Opk! I am in SHOCK! I can't believe it!!! This is a little early, I expected +opk around Wednesday, so weird the monitor detected my surge before the opk did!  I'm excited, I hope two weeks go by fast, I would more than anything like to test on dh 41st birthday, 10/10/10 and get a bfp! I think that would be a very lucky day! :)

My Little
  • I am in the same boat . I used the monitor for 2 cycles and and I got my peak at day 7 -8 . However  this month I am tempting( o has not been detected on ff)  and doing the monitor and have had a 13 days of high ,seriously wth!!! . Just try to wait out and keep tempting   . There is CBFM support group on baby center,where everyone has had some similar issues..it's worth checking out. GL  !
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers BFP ! March 2011 TTC since Jan 2010 Blood work CD 3 -normal Diagnosed with slight case of PCOS Nov 2010 S/A - High count , low morph and mobility Use acupuncture/herbs to regulate cycles
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"