TTC after 35
Options

IUI and menopur

For those of you who have been on menopur, any side effects or problems with it?

Kristin

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: IUI and menopur

• Options
    i didn't do menopur with IUI. I did do it for IVF, in combination with follistim. I remember sometimes I'd feel warm and when I got close to the IVF I started to feel bloated, i think because of the size of the follies that were growing. other than that it was ok. good luck!
  • Options

I did it with IUI.  The only side effects I had was the big, red, painful lumps at the injection site that lasted for about 12 hours...just in time for the next injection.  : )

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I am in my 2ww for my #2 IUI with Menopur/Follistim. The first time, I was a mess--ovary sensitivity (I swear I could feel them and elimination was awful!!), my breasts hurt, I had mood swings, and I was so itchy--I felt like an addict.

Then, this time-nothing. OK....lying, I am still a moody, crabby,betch--but none of the physical symptoms. Actually, I feel like nothing is happening and the whole #2 round was a big waste of time and $$--RE says wait until 10/2 and POAS. So, we shall see....hopefully some swimmers did their thing and my pitiful mood will soon lift away....best wishes to you for BFP!!

• Options

This is my 3rd month using menopur. The first two months, no notable side effects. This month though I had diarrhea (that was treatable with over the counter meds) the first day but after that nothing. However also unlike the first 2 months, my follicles didn't respond as well this month so the dose has been increased to 1 1/2 doses. That has resulted in redness around the injection site and some mild nausea. But none of the side effects have been too uncomfortable.

Good luck!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"