3rd Trimester

My boss, the oversharer

My end of the day conversation with my boss. 

Boss:  My daughter just told me she's pregnant!  She's about 8 weeks.

Me:  That's awesome.  Were they trying?

Boss:  No, she's been on birth control for years, but she's been taking antibiotics for the past few months.

Me:  Oh, yeah, I've heard some antibiotics can interfer with birth control.

Boss:  Yeah, they're for her herpes.  But she hasn't had an outbreak for awhile.

Wow, probably not something to put on blast at the office. Indifferent

Heavy Breathing (GIF)

O 10/25/10, N 12/9/13

Re: My boss, the oversharer

• Why, why, why would someone EVER let their DAD know that they have herpes!?!?!  This whole thing is wrong on so many levels!  
  • Way wrong.  Some people have no filter.

Secondly - ummm, Herpes is a virus, why would she be taking antibiotics for a virus?  Why do I think someone isn't being entirely honest with dear-old-dad?  Wink

image image
  • Yes Where exactly do you work?
                                        Tessa: 10/28/10                    Nora 8/30/12                            Reid 8/6/14
  • image lulu3061:

Herpes is a virus, why would she be taking antibiotics for a virus?  Why do I think someone isn't being entirely honest with dear-old-dad?

Yeah, I decided not mention this...I was just like, "Oh" and kind of left it at that.  Awkward.

Heavy Breathing (GIF)

O 10/25/10, N 12/9/13
  • While I agree that was way too much info to be shared, I find you asking "were they trying" to be just as off.  Sorry!
  • image alreeves:
    Yes Where exactly do you work?

A not-for-profit business support office. 

Now when I see the daughter next (the daughters all visit often), this is all I will think of no matter how hard I try not to.

Heavy Breathing (GIF)

O 10/25/10, N 12/9/13
  • image wife1014:
    While I agree that was way too much info to be shared, I find you asking "were they trying" to be just as off.  Sorry!

Fair enough, it's not my business to ask that.

Heavy Breathing (GIF)

O 10/25/10, N 12/9/13
  • image lulu3061:

Secondly - ummm, Herpes is a virus, why would she be taking antibiotics for a virus?  Why do I think someone isn't being entirely honest with dear-old-dad?  Wink

Thats what I was wondering !!!

More than likely she's on Valtrax, which is NOT an antibiotic. 

• image wife1014:
    While I agree that was way too much info to be shared, I find you asking "were they trying" to be just as off.  Sorry!

I must admit, this is what I was thinking too. 

imageimage Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • image rikkisalyer:

image wife1014:

Fair enough, it's not my business to ask that.

Well yea, if you left it at awesome and congratulations, you wouldn't have gotten all that info.

• You think your boss is an oversharer? I had one who told me (in detail) about his oedipus complex (desire to have sex with his mother) and that he used to play with his own poo as a child. And these were just a couple of the doozies he dropped on us.

you have no idea what an office overshare is ;) Thank heavens you don't :)

Although outing the herpes thing is still quick shocking.... 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards