1st Trimester

Don't you love it when people try to freak U out?

This can fall under the same category where people like to give you unwarranted advice on what you eat.

So I just sat down this morning and booted up my Macbook when I got bombarded with a coworker about how I am doing. Another one comes by and now it's a pow wow about how horrific and gross their C section were. Umm...gee..thanks?

Fast forward to after lunch where I am coming up the stairs with some froyo (frozen yogurt), which I was craving, and the same lady that gave me her detailed C section stories asked me if I get heartburn. I responded with "no, I never had heartburn before even when I wasn't pregnant". She then said.."oh you will".

Really woman? Really....because all pregnancies are the same?

Listen, it's not like I am going through this pregnancy with rose-colored glasses because I feel the pains of pregnancy everyday. What's with people always trying to freak you out..as if..when this baby pops out I am heading straight to customer service to return it?

Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Don't you love it when people try to freak U out?

• Not only do they try to freak you out, but they have to share their every detail.  And make you feel bad that you are gaining weight, etc.  I learned with my last baby that I would just say "Thanks, I'll keep that in mind."  And walk away.  Its just the beginning.  I cant tell you how many times I heard the same stories about certain peoples pregnancies that I just didnt want to hear at the time.  Like you said, every pregnancy is different, even in the same woman.  So dont let stupid people bother you!!!  :-D GL! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I had some lady at the BMV yesterday tell me to absolutely go natural. That there was no other option in "her book" I laughed at her. I admire all woman that are able to do so, but I already know that I'm just not one of them!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imagemegan1019:
    I had some lady at the BMV yesterday tell me to absolutely go natural. That there was no other option in "her book" I laughed at her. I admire all woman that are able to do so, but I already know that I'm just not one of them!

Megan, you and me both. My sister-in-law was went natural and she kept saying that it's the way to go because you get to feel everything. Whatev....I already feel enough throughout the day...I'm all set.

Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I think as women we just like to commiserate with each other. Now, I am not saying this is right, but it's what we do. Just take what they say with a grain of salt and try to enjoy your pregnancy!
  • The other day I'm talking to my mom (we have a long weekly chat), and one of the first things she says to me is, "you know you can get hemorrhoids, right?  Did you know that?  Because they're awful.  Have you ever had them?  No?  Oh, well they're horrible.  And you know you can get them."

Thanks Mom.  Thanks.

This is what the rest of pregnancy will be, haha.

• yup... women love to talk about pregnancies & L&D!  Watch out if there are several woman in a group... it will turn into a competition:

"I was in labor for 102 hrs!"

"Really?  I popped them all out without even pushing!"

"The Dr. needed to use forceps, a vacuum, AND a rope!"

"My water broke and 5 minutes later I delivered!"

etc... etc... etc... 

I usually walk away!  Smile

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Leah - 6.28.09

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lorelei - 4.23.11

Books Read:
    2013 - 4