Babies: 6 - 9 Months

6 mth son only laughs with daddy

It makes me so sad that I can't make him laugh as much as my husband. I feel like I am boring to him or something. Sad Its not fair that my husand always makes him laugh hysterically...but when I try he looks at me like i'm an idiot. I can't shake the feeling it gives me...I just want to make my son laugh. He laughs with me every once in a while...but laughs ALL THE TIME with his daddy. What am I doing wrong? My husband gets laughs so effortlessly and I have to really work on getting them. Anyone know what to do or have the same experience?

Re: 6 mth son only laughs with daddy

• My DD is the same way. It bugged me at first but have since decided that she does a lot of things with me that she doesn't do with DH so I am happy for that.
    married: 9/13/08
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Emma will only sleep on DH. She used to with me when I nursed her but now that I'm pregnant and she's not nursing anymore she won't "snuggle" with me. She wants me to pick her up and play with her but to get loving snuggles doesn't happen. She won't cradle into my body anymore, if that makes sense. When DH gets home? Please. She wants only him, I don't exist and it hurts my feelings. I am hoping it's a phase. DH has to rock her to sleep, she won't go to sleep for me. If I put her to bed she laughs, tells me "hi" and just wants to talk.

• DD only laughs for her brother. My husband and I can try and we may get a smile or a chuckle, but he gets a big belly laugh just by walking in the room and saying, "Hi, Lily!" Are you a SAHM? I SAH with my son and remembered him laughing more for his dad but when I went back to work he became an "equal opportunity laugher." I think it's their way of saying, "I missed you!" If you DO work, I'm sure she misses you, too. Babies (and kids) go through phases. My DS has been attached to my husband for about 6 months now. I try not to get offended because the pendulum always swings back the other way and he'll be all about mommy soon enough...but it still hurts my feelings! ((Hugs)). (Sorry no formatting...bumping from phone)
    This is a test. This is only a test.
  • I'm at home with DS right now and when his dad walks in the door it's like I cease to exist.  He gets so excited to see him.  I'm like really? after all I've done for you during the day!?!?!?
  • I know the feeling. :( but I hope the pendolum swings back to me soon. He laughs with me....but way more with his daddy. It hurts my feelings pretty bad.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards