Austin Babies

Red dot on face won't go away.

This isn't TMI.  I don't think.

I've had a small red dot under my skin on my face for a couple of years now.  It has recently gotten a little bigger.  I think its just a broken blood vessel or whatever, def not a zit.  I also have on on the outside of my belly button.  My niece saw it a few weeks ago, pointed at it, laughed and said, "HA!  You have a zit on your belly button."

After I kicked her in the face, I started thinking and realized that people probably think the red dot on my face is a zit, too.  Now I am self-conscious about it.  I thought it was no big deal but now its ALL I SEE when I look in the mirror.

Has anyone had one of these?  Have you gone to a dermotologist and had it taken care of?  I obviously wouldn't have it treated until after the baby comes, but I am also wondering how much it costs since I highly doubt insurance would cover it.

Re: Red dot on face won't go away.

• IDK about the red dot but my friend had this thing on her face when she was PG, it was rather gross.  it looked like a dark red blister on her cheek.  it went away after she had the baby, and I don't think she had it with #2 but I'm not positive.

sorry;(

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • ME!

Mine was on the very tip of my nose (a broken capillary) which I got from a bad facial. People would say they didn't know what I was talking about, but it drove me nuts for years.

I finally went to see a dermo about it and he said that laser treatments would be expensive and I'd probably need to go in multiple times. He said that he could try to cauterize it (basically zap it off) which may or may not work, but he wouldn't charge me for it (other that the visit copay). I had a little scab for about a week and when it fell off... no red dot! The process barely hurt and I would do it all over again if I needed to!

• Loading the player...
  • I've seen you up close and personal a whole lot (with and without pants on) and I've never, ever noticed this red dot.  I'm going to go look at a picture of you and zoom in and try to find it.

Nope.  Couldn't find it.

If you need a derm., I took Vivian to Dr. Evans' office (north of the Randalls at Brodie & Slaughter) to have her alien antennae removed.  We paid a $50 copay and nothing else (BCBS), so maybe it would be covered?  Really liked the staff there and the doctor who was filling in for Evans that week.

the bug & bee blog
    (read it. you know you want to.)
    anderson . september 2008
    vivian . february 2010
    mabel . august 2012
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Does it look like this?

If so, I don't know the real name of them, but I have them. Mostly on my legs. My derm said that pregnancy can make them grow and multiply (dammittttttt).

Dear Bump: You suck.
  • Rssn, I can't see your pic, but I looked up petechea (found in the properties of your pic) and yes, it looks like that.  It sucks.

Thanks, mlf.  I'll call that doc and see what the dealio is.  I bet no one can see it but me.  And my niece.

• imagemrs.wildman:

ME!

Mine was on the very tip of my nose (a broken capillary) which I got from a bad facial. People would say they didn't know what I was talking about, but it drove me nuts for years.

I finally went to see a dermo about it and he said that laser treatments would be expensive and I'd probably need to go in multiple times. He said that he could try to cauterize it (basically zap it off) which may or may not work, but he wouldn't charge me for it (other that the visit copay). I had a little scab for about a week and when it fell off... no red dot! The process barely hurt and I would do it all over again if I needed to!

OHHH!!!  Was that here in Austin?  What doc?

• Ugh, I so feel your pain. I have at least five of these and maybe more. My dermatologist (I go to Austin Dermcare) said she could laser them off, but she asked me to hold off until I'm in winter clothes so that I don't have issues with sun exposure on the scabs. Yummy, huh?

p.s. I really like Maggie Hart and Rachel Miller at Austin Dermcare. 

Business Cat. image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"