3rd Trimester

do people really register for diapers and wipes?

I'm perusing the Top Registry Items on BRU.com and they have diapers and wipes on there.

Did you register for those?

Even the upper crust can make a typeos.

Re: do people really register for diapers and wipes?

• no, but i dont see anything wrong with it.  I just thought it was a given that the baby would need those lol I got plenty at the showers for DS and it was a blessing :)
  • Absolutely.  They're a necessity and expensive. 
  • I don't plan on doing a registry but if I did, I would put diapers on there. I always like buying a box of diapers or wipes for someone for their baby shower and it would be nice to know what kind of brand they preferred. I see nothing wrong with those. :)

• Yup, but we're using cloth diapers and wipes... but even if we were using disposables I probably would have because we don't really need a whole lot of other things and I'd rather people know what we do still need.

I did see someone register for nipple cream once- I thought that was a little weird. I plan on setting aside the $5 for that if needed haha :-P 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I did, but not for very many.  I just thought people would want to know what kind we liked IF they were going to get us any.  Then, after my shower I will be adding more (plus other random stuffs) for my completion discount. 

imageimage

• I've seen many people put these items on their registries. I personally didn't do it. I avoided putting any consumables on my registry.

I just pick up an item or two every time I go to the store: a pack of diapers here, a tube of diaper rash ointment there... 

"To me, you are perfect."

• Yep.  Doesn't seem weird to me.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

image image image
  • I did, but then I took them off. I didn't really have a brand preference and people know you need diapers and will buy them for you anyway. Plus, this way, I got all different brands so I can try them out.
    Photobucket
  • image kgorman:
    I did, but not for very many.  I just thought people would want to know what kind we liked IF they were going to get us any.  Then, after my shower I will be adding more (plus other random stuffs) for my completion discount. 

I did for exactly this reason...but it appears that I'm not having a shower, so I guess it doesn't really matter :(

• I did put a few on there only because I wanted people to know what brand/size we wanted and didn't want to end up with a bunch of cheap ones I wouldn't use.  Generally, if you can find it in the baby section I don't find it odd to see it on a registry. 
  • image JulietL129:

Yup, but we're using cloth diapers and wipes... but even if we were using disposables I probably would have because we don't really need a whole lot of other things and I'd rather people know what we do still need.

I did see someone register for nipple cream once- I thought that was a little weird. I plan on setting aside the $5 for that if needed haha :-P 

I registered for this too... and breast pads.  And I received both!

image image image
  • I will not, because I'm CDing, and even if I wasn't, I have no idea what will and won't work for my child until he gets here.

I just looked at a second time momma, who is due in December, and she registered for diapers(her oldest is now about 18 months).  I give her the side eye.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • We plan on using CD's so I registered for those (and didn't get any), and people bought us disposable wipes anyway.
  • I did because we're doing cloth and really that's the biggest thing we need anyways. I doubt I would if we were doing disposables just because this is our first so we don't have a brand preference and people would bring them anyways.
  • At my work people tend to give a lot of diapers and wipes, so I registered for my preferred brand just to give them an idea of what to get. I have seen people do it a lot and in store, BrU tends to push it a lot when registering.

"We like nothing better than buffing our Zygoma. And imagining a horny time traveling long overcoat purple scarf wearing super sleuth nordic legend fuck fantasy. Get to work on that, internet." Benedict Cumberbatch

GIFSoup 

<a href

• I did. Didn't at first till a couple of my mom friends asked why there wasn't any on there, so I put some swadders, and sizes 1 & 2 on mine from Target. I also added a couple of tubs of wipes...figured it couldn't hurt. :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • So for those of you using cloth, where did you make a registry to put them on there?

• i didn't register for mass amounts of them or anything because we're having a diaper raffle...but i did put the type of diaper i plan to use on there in a few different sizes and put a box of the wipes also just so people knew what i was using and that i dont want ten thousand newborn diapers lol.
  • I did partially to let people know we didn't care what they got, partially to get our item count up on the registry to be eligible for the contest they entered you in if you had 100 items on your registry without putting stupid stuff we didn't want on there.
  • image redjetta22:

Yep.  Doesn't seem weird to me.

Ditto.  They're some of the most needed baby items, and you go through a ton of them.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • image Mrs.Bones:

So for those of you using cloth, where did you make a registry to put them on there?

We're using cloth, but we're using a diaper service.  They change the size whenever you need it & it's way easy for me, which is really what I'm all about.  Stick out tongue

imageimage

• Yes.. so people know what kind of diapers and wipes you prefer.
    DD 11/5/10 born by c section DS 9/8/07 born by c section due to Pre-e/Hellp Syndrome m/c at 5 1/2 weeks 8/4/06 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker
  • image Mrs.Bones:

So for those of you using cloth, where did you make a registry to put them on there?

I registered for CD's at a local baby store that carries them. And I also registered at Target. 

• image Mrs.Bones:

www.myregistry.com you can add products from any website. I had registered for Bumgenius 3.0s on my Target registry but they pulled them from their website so I made this one. It's really nice though, I was able to search all my items and find the cheapest places for them. There's a button you can download that goes on your internet bar that says "add to myregistry" and any product online you view can go on it. There's also an iphone app that scans barcodes at stores.

But I really need to actually get it done, I've only added a couple things to it.  

• Thanks for the responses! I've got a BRU and Amazon registry and I just found all sorts of CD's on amazon.

Yay!

I looked into a service and I'm considering it, but the only one in our area is about $75/month. Maybe for the first 6 weeks or so...

• image redjetta22:
    image JulietL129:

Yup, but we're using cloth diapers and wipes... but even if we were using disposables I probably would have because we don't really need a whole lot of other things and I'd rather people know what we do still need.

I registered for this too... and breast pads.  And I received both!

I'm happy for you.  

• Heck yeah.  They're expensive, so why not?
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Baby #3! BFP 10/20/12 EDD 6/27/13
  • I registered for diapers and wipes, but mostly so that people knew which brand I preferred (I did NOT want Pampers with Dry Max).

People don't pay attention to that.  They are going to get you whatever diaper they want to get you.  I got all Pampers, with the Dry Max.  I'm going to try out the smallest package first, that way if she reacts to them, I can return the larger packages.

• A lot of my friends have but I didn't.  The reason why I didn't was instead of doing a wishing well we did a diaper raffle.  I highly recommend it!  We ended up with over 800 diapers in all sizes, it was great!  The winner of the raffle got a 15.00 gift certificate for Bath and Body Works.
  • I guess people do register for these things, or at least BRU wants you too. It's not the norm in my circle, and I've never seen anyone do it. 

I would find it a bit strange if people did register for them. I would never get anyone diapers or wipes as I find them very boring and would never want to get them as a gift. I mean what do you write in the thank you note: "I'll think of you each time I wipe LO's bum?"