Babies: 3 - 6 Months

Frustrated...

I haven't been doing a whole lot of working out lately and it is kind of depressing me.  I used to go to the gym all the time or do the 30 Day Shread or a couple of other Jillian Michaels DVD's that I have. 

Anyway, here it is.  Our company just started 4 10 hour shifts.  So that means I get up at 5 am to get everything ready to be to work at 7 am.  I get off at 5:30 and I am home at 6:00.  Then I have to make dinner, and feed baby, etc, etc., tidy up the house.  By the time baby goes to bed it is around 8-9 PM.  My husband takes walks with SIL and I don't go very often because the time they go it is about 8 PM and I am tending to the baby.

Usually the day I have off, I am cleaning, doing things around the house, or getting shopping done.  I have the weekend to workout and I have been a little bit, but it just doesn't seem like I have time for anything anymore.

What should I do, any suggestions?

Re: Frustrated...

• Can you go over your lunch hour?  Might not be the BEST workout of your life, but at least you can get some workouts in?  and just shower off at the gym?  I did this before our wedding and loved it, but my work is literally 5 mins from the gym and I would come back with hair up and not really care what I looked like the rest of the day....just a thought?!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image amypohl:
    Can you go over your lunch hour?  Might not be the BEST workout of your life, but at least you can get some workouts in?  and just shower off at the gym?  I did this before our wedding and loved it, but my work is literally 5 mins from the gym and I would come back with hair up and not really care what I looked like the rest of the day....just a thought?!

Not really, because now we only have a half hour lunch period and that doesn't leave very much time except to eat.

• Ask your hubs to take over baby duties in place of his walk.  You can work out an every-other-day schedule.  One day you watch baby while he takes a walk.  The next day, you work out or walk while he watches the baby.  This could work out really well with the Jillean Michaels DVDs since they tend to be so short.  Then, you're really only asking for about 40 minutes of time off from baby with the workout and a shower afterwards :)  Good luck!
  • I'm in the same boat. I work 3 12 hour shifts, then have 3 days off. I'm up at 4am, to work by 5:30 am and off at 5:30 pm. By the time I get home, do dinner, bath/story and bedtime for Cody it's after 8pm before I get time to myself. I try and sneak in the 30 day shred on my 3 days off. If I miss a day, I do it twice during his naps. This past week has been hard because I have been busy on my days off. I was just starting to see results from the shred, so that has kept me motivated to keep it up.