Breastfeeding
Options

burping?

My LO doesn't burp! or it is a rare occurrence. She is EBF and with my other LO's they have all burped after being BF'd. Do your LO's burp? She never cries and never seems uncomfortable, I was just curious to see if other BF'd babies are burping.

Re: burping?

• Options
    I'm pretty sure DS is practicing for belching contests.  He usually lets several rip after nursing.  But in the middle of the night if I keep him flat while returning him to his crib and don't burp him he's fine.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    My sometimes doesn't and I asked the doctor and he said it's totally normal. When EBF they don't get as much air in and they may not need to.
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    DD rarely burped at that age.  When she got older and stronger and nursed faster (getting more air), she let's out burps.
  • Options
    My LO will often let out one big one right after nursing, but otherwise all of her gas comes out as farts.  She's like a frat boy.

TTC since 11/05...ectopic pg 4/08...early m/c 6/09...BFP 10/5/09!
    Nora B...June 15, 2010...8lbs, 8oz...Med-free birth!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC #2 since 7/11...cycle #3 of Clomid + IUI = BFP
    Malcolm...September 21, 2012...8lbs, 6oz...Another med-free birth!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    My LO does and it is LOUD.  She does not burb at night though.
  • Options
    my lo burps after almost every feeding.  I have heard that breastfed babies do not always burp after feedings though so that's normal.
  • Options
    We have a heck of a time trying to get Andrew to burp, and unfortunately he does seem bothered by it and is crying with gas at the end of the day. My pedi said to just keep trying. I basically go through all the positions and keep at it until he cries and struggles. Also, sometimes it helpes to use the heel of your hand and run it down his spine...it's supposed to cause them to sort of sit up and help force the burp out. Good luck!
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I EBF and LO burps all the time, I don't have to burp her at night (no idea why) but she usually has a good one after every feed!
    PhotobucketBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"