Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Natural Miscarriage, D & C scheduled?

Hi Ladies,

I had a confirmed miscarriage on 9/10. The doctor said I was dilated and my body was "doing what it was supposed to" by getting rid of the baby, but I don't think I have passed a sac. He wants me to come in on Friday for a recheck.  Did any of you ladies that had a natural miscarriage also have to have a D & C? Thanks for your help.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Natural Miscarriage, D & C scheduled?

• I'm so sorry for your loss. It's not uncommon to have a D&C after a a natural loss to remove any retained tissue. Your doctor will probably do an ultrasound Friday to see if everything is gone before proceeding with the surgery.

Always missing our first son Caleb, born at 19w3d on 4.12.10.
  • I'm so sorry for your loss. 

My m/c was confirmed on 9/7 and I have yet to pass the sac (I should've been 9 wks 1 day at that time, but still measured at 8 weeks).  I have a f/u appt tomorrow and we're most likely going to schedule a D&C since it seems to be taking so long for my body to do it on it's own. 

image image
  • My doctor gave me a choice and I did the natural way.  I don't like hospitals and thought it would be more tramatic and take longer to recover doing a D&C.   Doing it naturally though, I did have to go through contractions at home with only vicadin for pain.  I spent 2 hours in deep pain but for me it was better than going through surgery.  Hubby was there though to help me through it. 

• I had a natural m/c on Sept 1-2, I had bleeding and horrible cramping and passed a lot of clots.  At the end, I passed what I thought was the sac.

Since then, I have been getting my blood levels checked and my levels are still going down (Aug 31-15,000; Sept 2-6,700; Sept 7-575; and Sept 9-207).  My doctor also wanted me to get a follow up ultrasound to make sure I had passed everything.  The ultrasound concluded that I had NOT passed everything.  So now i have a doctors appt tomorrow afternoon to decide what we should do next.  I am thinking he would like me to get the D&C just to make sure everything has passed. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I had a natural mc and did not need a D&C.  The pain was blinding for 3 nights in a row but after that I was ok.  I had an appointment that following Monday which they did an u/s for to make sure there was no retained tissue.  My doc said had there been anything in there I would have had a D&C.
    bumping from my phone. please pardon any typos and missing punctuation