Eco-Friendly Family

What the heck am I doing wrong? BG 3.0s leaking all the time!

Did I not prep right? Do I just have a baby with an ENORMOUS bladder?

I posted last week and stopped using the newborn size inserts as that was the EFFers advice (and made sense!) I put him in the regular inserts so he now has lots of fluffy butt, but he STILL leaks. It's not out the legs at all, just out the top of the back (which seems to be taut against his body when I check). We've only using them at night really (we're still trying out AI2s, picking what styles we like best before we load up for daycare) and I know leaks are more common at night, but this is really not cool. It's every night, sometimes twice a night!

I've never used a diaper cream, so it's not that. Any other ideas?

Re: What the heck am I doing wrong? BG 3.0s leaking all the time!

• Could be too tight on the back perhaps.  

Did you buy them new? 

47 months &
    11 months
  • Are the inserts soaked when you get leaks?  If yes, I would add another insert, preferably hemp/bamboo under the MF. 

How long is he in one? 

Big E (6) & Little E (2.5)
  • Loading the player...
  • 1) How much does he weigh? If it is less than 11 lbs, my guess is he is just too small for them.

2) When I got leaks at the waist band it meant we needed to go up a snap in the rise. But I'd be surprised if that was your problem since your LO is so young, unless he is unusually long.

• I think he's probably just about 11 now--he was 9 lbs, 12 oz on Sept 2, so I guess that could be it. It seems like the fit is great (no marks anywhere to indicate anything is too tight, but a good fit) and they were all brand new. Sometimes the insert is SOAKED, but I don't think it's soaked all the time when we get leaks--I'm not certain. Maybe I'll go back to just PFs for a bit until he's bigger.At first he'd cry from being wet in PFs  (which is why I started using the BGs), but the more I wash them, the better that gets. I'm actually starting to like them, haha.

Overnight he goes a 5-6 hour stretch and then another 3 hour stretch, so the longest he's in in is 6 hours. DH had him in a PF for the 6 hour stretch last night with no leak, and he leaked in 3 hours through the BG.

• 6 hours could definitely be too long for 1 insert, even 3 hours could depending on the timing of his peeing.  I would be more likely to bet though that he's just not quite big enough.  I would give them a break and try them again in another 2-3 weeks.

Even if he's 11 lbs, if he's longer and thinner, you might not get as good of a fit.  BGs are tricky because many times they really seem to fit well but they actually don't.

Big E (6) & Little E (2.5)
  • I've read that the BGs need pressure on the suede cloth to work. He may just be too small still. I'd just stop using them for a few weeks, then come back to them.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"