Baby Names

Too similar?

Juliana and Elena/Elaina? Is this too matchy?

Also, which one Elena/Elaina would you use?  I prefer Elena, but worry that with Juliana it will seem like I'm going for a Spanish-influenced/ethnic theme, when neither of us is.

Anxiously awaiting DD #2! EDD 2/5/12

Re: Too similar?

• I love the name Elena. I prefer that spelling, but the other is nice too. I like the E spellings over the A ones (Alaina/Alayna)
    S- March 09 E- Feb 12 L- May 15

• i don't think they are too similar and I like the spelling elena
  • Loading the player...

• I love Elena, too. Much more than Juliana, actually. Elena just has a deeper and more mysterious connotation. And Juliana will always be shortened to Julie or Jules. [Keep that in mind!] 

Maybe try looking into other names that reference those you've already chosen and toss them into the mix, too? 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    PitaPata Cat tickers
  • I love Juliana! Is this a daughter you already have? You pronounce the ending as ah-na, right? If so, I don't think it is too matchy with Elena at all!

I also love Elena/Alaina (and prefer either of those two spellings). 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Logan David 03.27.08
    Jacob Riley 05.18.09
    {Member since 2007}
  • I don't think it's too matchy, at all. (My cousin named her first born Gillian--pronounce Jillian--and her second Juliana, now THAT's matchy!) I love the name Elena, in that spelling. I don't think you should worry about people thinking it's influenced--that didn't occur to me at all when I first read the names.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"