Baby Names

Kai

Team Blue here, just wanted some opinions on this name! TIA

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Kai

• Meh...Not a fan... it could work as a middle name though!
  • I have a friend who named her DS Ehukai (it is a Hawaiian name, which they are) and he goes by Kai.  I really like it, very cute.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • We definitely like it as a first name, not a mn. And we just like Kai, not short for anything. I never know if people in real life are giving you honest opinions of names, or if they tell you they like it just to be polite.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I like it. My goddaughter's name is Kaia, and I'm a fan either way. It's cute!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • i love it, which is odd for me, because I'm more of the Joshua/Michael/Ethan/Thomas type.
  • imagePaul&Mel:
    We definitely like it as a first name, not a mn. And we just like Kai, not short for anything. I never know if people in real life are giving you honest opinions of names, or if they tell you they like it just to be polite.

I guarantee you that most people do not know that my friend's baby is Ehukai, they just assume his full name is Kai.  I have never heard anyone say anything bad about it!  There is nothing wrong with it, even if it is not everyone's style, so if you love it for a full first name then go for it!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • LOVE Kai- is one of my favorites!
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • It's ok. It's nms at all. I had a neighbor named Kai and he was pretty cute so that's the only association I have with the name.
  • Yes
    Honeymoon Siggy Challenge: Cruisin' Alaska!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    image 83 image 46 image 22
  • No

You do expect this kid to be an adult someday, right?

VOTE on my Name List

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

• It's NMS, but I don't hate it. It just seems very little-boyish to me. I can't imagine it on a grown man.

• Love the name Kai. That's what I wanted to name LO if it was a boy. No boy this time, but I'd love to use it the next go round!
  • I think this name can be kind of cute on a little boy, although I have a hard time seeing how it works for an adult.  I also know four little boys at our church under the age of 3 named Kai -- all of their parents said they wanted to choose "unique" names.  That didn't really work out so well for them I guess.  Wink
  • I really like this name and would consider it for a 3rd boy if we ever have one.  DH has a really good friend named Kai, but he spells it Kji. I'm not sure why he spells it that way, but the name suits him well and he is a great guy so I have a good association with it.  I would stick to the normal spelling "Kai" if I used it.  
  • this is what we plan on naming a little boy if we have one. you're lucky you're getting a lot of positive feedback :) i didn't
  • I like it, and I know a boy with that name. The family is Israeli.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • It was on our name list.

I know a grown man whose name is Kai, but spelled Kaj. I dont think of it as a boyish name at all.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • It's nms, but it is still pleasant to me.  It sounds pacific islander... 
    Prudence
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Otis
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Hank 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"