Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

One high-end purse for a bunch of cheapies?

I've got quite a collection of purses - black, ivory, yellow, brown, gold, etc. In pretty much any material, most leather or coach canvas.

So, a friend asked (something she's currently considering) and I couldn't answer without taking a bit of time to answer. Would you, could you, get rid of most of your handbags for one "fancy" bag?

[Poll]

Re: One high-end purse for a bunch of cheapies?

• Options
    I can't say.  That is a really hard choice.  I have about 20+ coach bags that I never use so maybe they may be worth giving up for some uber luxurious handbag.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I've got so many Coach purses and even a Prada handbag, that I could probably sell them all for an expensive Louis Vuitton.  I'll stick to the cheaper ones for now, since ds is so small, but once he starts school and is out of daycare, I know what I'll be buying!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I never have been able to understand the hype with insanely expensive purses/handbags.  Maybe this is because I've never had one.  I dunno.  I think the most I've ever spend was like $50 at Marshall's on one purse.  And I own a total of about 3 purses, and really only use 1 of them, the same one for 2 1/2 years.  I guess purses is just not my 'thing'.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

imageAmymichelle925:
    I never have been able to understand the hype with insanely expensive purses/handbags.  Maybe this is because I've never had one.  I dunno.  I think the most I've ever spend was like $50 at Marshall's on one purse.  And I own a total of about 3 purses, and really only use 1 of them, the same one for 2 1/2 years.  I guess purses is just not my 'thing'.

I'm right there with you. I spent $15 on my last purse, and I love it.

• Options
    I chose the first option. I did something similar about 5 hrs ago. I bought a LV for my 30th birthday-b/f then I usually carried coach/Kate spade & others however after I got my LV that has been the only bag I have carried other than a diaper bag. I must say it was well worth it-I am sure I would have bought tons of purses in that 5 year pd. My LV always goes with everything & has held up tremendously- I carry it everyday! I will probably use it for another 5 years & until I get another one for my 40th
  • Options

imageAmymichelle925:

I'm kind of the same, but wow I've never even spent up to 50 on a bag!  Lol, I think it's kind of pointless and I'm not that "into" them either, however I think I could definitely be happy with one nice expensive bag (of course I've never had the money to waste on one lol)

• Options

I have no use for expensive handbags. I want good quality, not a designers initials. I know high-cost bags are often made well, but still, $1000+ for a purse? Eh, it's a dead cow and some thread. I do like some Matt & Nat handbags, but at most those are a couple hundred, which is hardly a high-end purchase when you're comparing it to a LV. 

Now, if we were talking trading up my Target jewelry for some Tiffany baubles, that's a whole different thing. That I would do in a heartbeat. 

Contemplating the snow.
    Mes Petit Choux
    imageimageimage
    I can't go back to yesterday - because I was a different person then. ~ Alice

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

If I could get a Hermes I would but LV doesn't do much for me. I love the LV luggage though...But I positively drool over the Hermes handbags!!!

• Options
    I only buy one purse a year, but then use them for years.  Last year I got a large Burberry purse that doubles as a diaper bag.  It was uber expensive but I rarely buy a thing, and with a nice purse I can wear old jeans and a $5 tee-shirt and heels and look put together.  Oh, and practicality-wise it has a lifetime warranty (I know this because I had another Burberry for 5 years and traded it in twice when it got worn out) and the checked part is coated in PVC.  Thank goodness for this because SIL knocked an entire glass of red wine over onto it Saturday and it would have been ruined otherwise.
  • Options
    I myself am a Coach-aholic but also just an all-around purse lover!  I love my Coach bags (have about 10 at any given time) and also have 3 LV which I love.  That said, I also have non-brand name bags that I really like from Target, Kohl's, or anywhere I find one!  I like having so many options!  I sell my "gently used" Coach bags on Craig's List & to friends so that I can get new ones.  I never buy a new one without selling an "old" one.  The ones I sell look brand new so I get good money for them.  I don't just like Coach for the "brand" but because they are VERY well made & have a life-time warranty.  You get what you pay for!
    SAHM to 2 boys (3 & 16 yrs) & 2 girls (5 & 8 yrs)

Our Angel Boy- m/c in 2007 @ 9wks due to Trisomy 17
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"