Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Suggestions re: returning to work

For those mommas that have already returned to work:

Did you just jump right back in, started on Monday and worked a full work week/normal schedule?

or

did you go back on a modified schedule for a week or two?

I was thinking about possibly going back on a Mon and working thru Wed and then taking Thurs and Fri off so that I was easing myself into being away from DD. Someone else suggested working half days all week.

DD is currently EBF and soon I will start pumping and introducing the bottle.

Thoughts?

Ivy: July 2010  |  Stella: Dec 2012  |  BFP#3: MMC at 11Wk's, July 2017 | Wyatt: April 2019 | BFP#5: Twin Girls due Sept 2020

Re: Suggestions re: returning to work

• both kellymom and dr sears suggest that you start out midweek so u can better adjust. if i had my way, and have enough money, i will just work part-time.

i love you, my little mooncake mahal kita

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

imageimageimage
  • I had no choice but to jump back in (I'm a teacher and school starts when it starts!) and I was EXHAUSTED and SORE the first few days back. If you can ease your way back in slowly, I would recommend it! Also, if your work is close enough that half days are worth the drive, it seems like a good option. You could probably get away with only pumping once away from home.
  • Loading the player...
  • I also suggest part time first. I went back on Monday BAM full time. It was like a punch in the stomach. By Wednesday, I was talking to my boss abt reducing to part time for 2 weeks. Good luck!
    In the end, only kindness matters... -Jewel- Married 5.8.05 Mom to Tahlia Summer - born 6.21.2010
  • I go back in a month & I'm not sure if they'll let me ease back in so I'll probably have to jump back in & it's 6 days a week :( ?If you are able to do a few days at 1st that seems to be the way to go.
  • The week before I went back I took DD to daycare twice (Tues/Thur) for both her and I to get used to it. I think that helped a lot because I saw how these ladies were for long periods of time and how they handle it when multiple babies are crying at once. I started back on a Tuesday and then I have a long weekend and another 4 day week next week. I definitely would not go back on Monday. 4 days was long enough! Good luck! It's so hard!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I started back this week on the first of the month, which was Wednesday. So I worked three days this week, I will work four days next week (I'm off for Labor Day) and I will work five days the following week. I didn't plan it this way, but I'm glad it worked out that way, because even a three day week was exhausting!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I am going back part time (3 days a week instead of 5) for the first month.  I did this with DD1 also and it worked out pretty well.  Not that I loved going back to work but at least I was able to ease in to it.  I am so glad I am doing it again and will have 2 days home with the girls a week for that first month.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"